DocuSign at Dreamforce: Smarter, Easier and More Trusted Agreements
The Leader in Agreement AI
The average B2B sales process involves 10 people, lasts 102 days and often is happening in a hybrid work environment. Luckily, these revenue critical processes can be made smarter, easier and more trusted with digital agreement tools:
- Transform the Quote to Cash process: Accelerate speed to revenue with convenient, digital agreement experiences in the platforms your team already uses.
- Collaborate and close faster: Increase productivity across your internal teams and by reviewing, approving and signing agreements with intelligent, streamlined contract workflows.
At Dreamforce 2023, we showcased how DocuSign’s integrations across the Salesforce platform can help your teams close deals faster, reduce risk and deliver a better experience for buyers.
Read on for the highlights of what we shared.
The smarter, easier, and more trusted way to accelerate contracts
Throughout the event, attendees came to our sessions and demo both to see how DocuSign solutions for document generation, workflow automation (for Sales and with Legal and Finance), electronic signing and contract management are enhancing the way teams work in Salesforce.
Document generation for sales quotes and contracts
The full quote-to-cash process involves a number of stakeholders and variables that increase the possibility of errors. As pricing models become more complicated, sales reps must navigate upfront pricing, monthly subscription pricing, annual costs, customization, bundling and potential discounts. Quotes often have to be approved by multiple stakeholders to ensure any discounted pricing or modifications to standard commercial terms are acceptable to the business.
After a seller configures and prices a deal correctly, they still need to deliver a professional, accurate and straightforward quote to their customer. This isn’t as easy as it might sound, especially for deals that are more complex and include many SKUs. As a result, sales reps spend less time selling and more time manually copying and pasting data from Salesforce into Word documents. Later, they often have to rework the document because the template was out of date, or the data they pasted broke the document’s formatting, or they forgot to include information tailored to that customer. Meanwhile, prospects are frustrated, waiting for final, error-free agreements.
DocuSign Gen for Salesforce empowers reps to generate documents with just a few clicks, without ever leaving the Salesforce interface. This enables them to:
- Create fast, professional documents: merge customer, product and pricing data to generate quotes, invoices, proposals and other sales documents in Microsoft Word, PDF and other formats.
- Seamlessly integrate with Salesforce: Gen is natively built within Salesforce, bringing document generation where users already are and protecting existing technology investments.
- Leverage conditional content: save time and eliminate errors by automatically including or excluding the right content based on Salesforce data and rules.
Signing electronically for Closed/Won status
The point of signature on a sales contract is often the most memorable moment in a sales cycle. As customers and prospects have a growing preference for digital experiences, introducing electronic signature technology into your processes can help delight customers and get deals closed faster, while mitigating risk with better security and compliance than traditional ink signatures or other workaround signatures.
DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce allows reps to send, route, sign, track and save agreements without ever leaving Salesforce. This helps organizations streamline sales and recognize revenue faster by:
- Providing customers a world-class signing experience while increasing process visibility
- Getting agreements signed faster with responsive signing experiences for most devices
- Reducing data entry errors by automatically pulling customer data into agreements
- Utilizing agreement signing workflows across the Customer 360–including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Revenue Cloud, Experience Cloud and Vaccine Cloud.
Scaling contract management across the full Quote-to-Cash process
Implementing a CPQ solution is a great first step to streamlining the sales quoting process. But without an automated contract system, there’s a process gap between specifying the commercial terms in quotes and including the relevant legal terms in contracts.
To fill that gap, sales reps create manual workarounds to help them get a contract to the customer as quickly as possible. A common shortcut taken by today’s B2B sellers to prepare a contract is to copy an existing document and replace the original content with details about a new deal. This process is a quick way to produce a contract, but it also opens the door for unintended errors and business risk.
DocuSign CLM can help act as the connection between CPQ and the billing process. CLM manages the full agreement lifecycle for complex contracts with automated document generation, real-time negotiation, drag-and-drop workflows and powerful search. CLM can also be configured to trigger actions at important dates which can be extremely useful in renewal negotiations.
When sales reps, finance departments and legal teams need to collaborate to get a deal closed, DocuSign CLM streamlines contract workflows across essential departments. Sales can provide updated notes and gets visibility right from the Opportunity. Legal and Finance teams can tackle redlines and negotiations easily with contract version control, audit trails, and the ability to make internal only comments.
With our Slack integration, individuals get notifications on assigned tasks - whether newly assigned or resolved. This integration enables teams to receive and take action on task assignments from CLM, provide feedback, review draft contracts, provide feedback and sign agreements - all within Slack. Agreements can move forward faster with instant access to actions right at your fingertips.
To learn more, check out DocuSign solutions for Salesforce.