How to Sign a Document on an iPhone and iPad
You can sign a document on an iPhone and iPad by downloading the DocuSign eSignature mobile app.
Read below to see how and get answers to these questions:
- What do I do if I receive a DocuSign e-signature request?
- Can I use DocuSign with an old or outdated iPhone?
- Can I sign a document on my iPhone without an email account?
- Can I send a document for electronic signature from my iPhone?
Can I send a document for electronic signature from my iPhone?
The iPhone has become life’s multitool. Whether you’re ordering groceries or looking to land a date, the Apple device can make it happen. It’s only natural that the iPhone and iPads have also become a place where users can sign and collect signatures on new hire contracts, leases, and other traditionally hardcopy documents.
Do I need the app to sign with my iPhone or iPad?
Using the app isn’t required to electronically sign with DocuSign—you can easily sign documents in a mobile browser. However, by downloading the DocuSign app for iOS, you can also upload and sign documents sent to you from others, collect signatures on documents and keep track of all your agreements.
How do I sign on my iPhone or iPad with DocuSign eSignaure?
When you are sent a digital document to sign through DocuSign, you’ll get an email alert.The signature process may vary, depending on which options the sender has selected, but you will always start off by downloading the document You don’t need an account to sign if the document was sent through DocuSign. However, creating an account allows you to save copies of all your signed documents in one location and makes using eSignature for future documents even easier.
Once you have downloaded the document, you’ll likely navigate through the following steps:
- Tap “Action Required” to access documents that require your attention. Select the document you need to sign and click the blue “Sign” button
- Read the disclosure statement and tap to agree to use electronic signature before following the instructions to sign
- Adopt the signature style you want to use, draw your own signature or take a picture of your signature.
- Tap to apply your signature to the required places in the document(s), and confirm signing to complete the process
And that’s it! Your electronically signed document is then sent to the next signer. Once everyone has signed, a copy will be sent to you via email and saved in your DocuSign account. You’ll also have the option to download a copy for your records, share the document via email or store in your Cloud storage of choice.
Can I use DocuSign eSignature with an old or outdated iPhone?
Yes. If the device uses a version earlier than iOS 9, you can still use eSignature to sign documents. When you receive a DocuSign envelope, all you have to do is open the email and follow the online instructions. When you’re done signing, it will automatically be forwarded to the next signer if there is one. You’ll receive an email copy once everyone has signed the document.
Can I sign other types of documents on my iPhone or iPad?
If you receive a PDF, Word, Google Docs document, or other type of file that requires your signature, you can sign any of these electronically on your iPhone or iPad. However, unlike a document sent through DocuSign, these documents will require you to sign into your DocuSign account before you can sign. Getting started is easy with a DocuSign free trial.
For more information on sending and signing other types of documents for electronic signature, check out these resources:
- How to Electronically Sign and Send a PDF
- How to Electronically Sign a Word Document
- How to Electronically Sign Documents in Google Docs
Can I sign a document on my iPhone or iPad without an email account?
Yes. DocuSign offers SMS delivery for e-signatures across all industries, which allows signers without an email address to sign quickly and easily. It can be used for
- Signing insurance renewals and life insurance policies via text
- Authorizing new patient intake forms
- Completing loan applications and open new bank accounts
- Finalizing sales contracts
- And even responding to mass tort or class action lawsuits
Can I send a document for electronic signature from my iPhone or iPad?
Yes. DocuSign’s mobile app makes it easy and secure to send and sign documents from an iPhone or iPad. Users can access a signed document, no matter where they are, and sign almost anything in a few taps. Steps include:
- Uploading the document that needs to be signed to the DocuSign eSignature mobile app, such as a Word document or a PDF file. Don’t have the mobile app installed? No problem. Download the mobile app from this link.
- Adding the names and emailing addresses of people who need to sign
- Dragging and dropping fields onto the document, including initials, signatures, phone numbers or other information
- Click SEND to send the file via DocuSign to your designated recipients
See the eSignature app in action here:
To get the most out of DocuSign on your iPhone or iPad, download the DocuSign iOS mobile app to start signing immediately, for free.