Want to reduce your work-related stress in 2015? Here are eight tips guaranteed to boost your productivity, bolster your bottom line—and take a ton of stress out of 2015’s day-to-day workflow.
1. Stop chasing paper. Think about all the headaches you could avoid if you never had to overnight another document. And what if you could also add printing, filing, and faxing to the history books? By switching to digital processes, you can send, file, and even fax documents directly from your laptop or phone, eliminating costly paper-based processes—and headaches—from day one.
2. Stop chasing people. When it’s digital, everyone who needs to access key documents can get there now. You’ll always know who’s seen and signed your important documents in real time, whether they’re across town or across the globe. And you can easily change or correct any document at any point, until the transaction is complete.
3. Get up and go. Ever felt the stress of needing to be two places at once? With today’s full-featured mobile apps, it’s easy to get vital work done anywhere and anytime, even when you’re only carrying your phone. You’ve got places to go and people to see. So go, already.
4. Zoom past the competition. Seize an opportunity. Sign a lease. Make an offer. Close a deal. When the competition is hot, timing is everything. By going digital, there’s no need to rush back to the office to put it all together. It’s simple to prepare offers and make estimates on the fly, and close deals immediately, wherever you are. That gives you a real edge over the competition.
5. Don’t be a loser. Did you know that, according to the Gartner Group, around 7% to 12% of all paper documents end up lost, misdelivered, misfiled, or stolen? If you’re still relying on paper-based processes, you unfortunately probably did know that. All that loss ends up costing, on average, over $100 per document to find, or $200 to reproduce. Having everything in the cloud means you’ll never lose another document. You’ll also know everyone’s always on the same page with the latest, most accurate version. Those savings can go straight to your bottom line.
6. Make customers happy. Have you ever been sent a document that you were asked to print out, sign, scan and send back? Weren’t too happy about it, were you? Or ever had to search for a file while your customer waits on the phone? Anything that takes up that much time and effort is not going to put a smile on your customers’ faces. Digital transactions are quick, simple, and secure. That helps customers get things done fast and with minimum hassle—which makes customers happy.
7. Eliminate the waste. The average U.S. officer worker prints around 10,000 pages per year. More than 400 million ink and 100 million toner cartridges end up in landfills. And that’s just the paper-related stuff that gets tossed out. If you think about all the space in your office wasted by file cabinets, copy machines, printers, and fax machines, you get an even better idea of all the clutter, waste, and expense you could avoid by going all digital.
8. Relax more. All these tips add up to a lot of extra time. While that time can be put toward more important tasks, extra time to relax is a huge added benefit. You can even relax about implementing your digital transformation.
You only need to make the first step—and make 2015 the year you join the less-stressed, more productive businesses cutting the costs and headaches of chasing paper with anywhere, anytime mobility. Best of all, these stress-reducers work for virtually any type of business. For tips on getting started, check out these adoption roadmaps covering more than two-dozen industries and departments two-dozen industries and departments Ready to kick the stress out of this New Year? Sign up today and Get 2 months free on an annual DocuSign plan.