While we have no gamebirds in fruit trees, French hens, or royalty prone to hopping about at the DocuSign offices — we’re closing out 2016 with a look back on twelve monumental moments.
From the announcement of DocuSign Payments to our place on Glassdoor’s list of “Best Places to Work,” it’s been a hectic, energetic, and most importantly innovative year driven by the hard work and devotion of our employees.
- DocuSign Payments: DocuSign Payments was first revealed in October, and beginning early 2017, will provide a fast and simple way to collect signatures and payments in just one step. Learn more.
- DocuSign Winner of Glassdoor Employees Choice Award: In December, we were ranked #23 on the annual Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards list of the Best Places to Work in 2017 among companies with more than 1,000 employees according to those based in the U.S. Hear our CEO’s thoughts on this honor here.
- Keith Krach shares developments at WoW: Keith Krach, our Chairman and CEO, was recently interviewed on theCUBE*at World of Watson alongside Inhi Cho Suh, GM of Collaboration Solutions at IBM. Together, they shared their thoughts on the DocuSign and IBM partnership. See more.
- DocuSign Winter ‘17 Release: Our biggest release yet was unveiled in December. From Standards-Based Signatures to an expanded eNotary functionality, this release is packed full of capabilities empowering our key industries. See what it’s all about here.
- Global IMPACT Day Turns 2: In November, DocuSign IMPACT held its second annual Global IMPACT Day. Hundreds of DocuSign employees set their work aside to go volunteer in their communities at organizations like: Habitat for Humanity, a nonprofit dedicated to building affordable housing, Redeeming Soles, a nonprofit committed to providing shoes for the underprivileged, and Mountains to Sound Greenway, an organization that works to preserve over 100,000 acres of forest in the Pacific Northwest. Read all about the big day here.
- Heightened Focus on Developers: This entry on our list is distinct in that it’s not a particular moment or event. Rather, expanding our developer resources has been an ongoing mission that continues to unfold. From an enriched Developer Center to an increase in developer blogs to our recent launch of a developer newsletter, 2016 was a big year — with even more to come in 2017.
- Momentum X: Capitalizing on the success of our annual customer conference, Momentum, we unveiled a series of complimentary, half-day events in a number of cities around the country. Attendees received critical details and peer-to-peer insights on how DocuSign could significantly improve their customer’s experiences while creating greater revenue opportunities.
- eHanko Functionality: In Japan, signers use a Hanko to represent their signature on paper documents. This centuries-old custom has been brought into the digital age with the eHanko functionality, which will officially become available as part of DocuSign’s Winter’17 Release. Signers can now upload and apply their personal Hanko to represent their signature on an agreement, with more capabilities to be unveiled over the next few product releases.. Learn more here.
- eIDAS: On July 1, 2016, eIDAS repealed and replaced the 17 year-old Electronic Signatures Directive (1999/93/EC) across the European Union. We released a series of educational blogs surrounding this significant event, including posts focused on eIDAS’s impact in North America, the origins of eIDAS, and an open letter to President Juncker and the EC Commissioners from our CEO Keith Krach.
- 125% YoY Growth: We released some of our new stats on the eve of our MOMENTUM’16 conference. As of April, 225,000 customers and 85 million users were generating nearly 950,000 transactions per day around the world. To see all the numbers click here.
- MOMENTUM’16: In April, we held our annual customer conference Momentum in San Francisco. The event was a monumental success, drawing in some of the most innovative minds from across the globe to brainstorm, learn, and leave inspired. We’re gearing up for Momentum’17 and registration is now open. If you’re looking to make a fully digital transformation for your business, secure your spot here.
- DocuSign Wins Award for #1 Mobile Application for Microsoft Office: In September we were proud to be named first place winner in the Best Mobile App award as part of the Office App Awards at Microsoft Ignite 2016. Learn more about the award here.
While this list contains 12 impactful moments, there were far more that contributed to DocuSign’s story in 2016. Here’s to 2017 — and all the milestones yet to come.