DocuSign kicks off Momentum 2017 to help customers accelerate digital transformation
SAN FRANCISCO, May 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- DOCUSIGN MOMENTUM 2017 – Major growth across multiple lines of business, a host of new features and services on its eSignature platform, and new partnerships with industry leaders – those are just some of the highlights from the first day of DocuSign Momentum 2017 in San Francisco today.
The conference brings more than 2,000 customers, developers and partners together to learn more about the process of coming to agreement digitally – and then honoring and delivering on those agreements to accelerate the process of doing business. And it is the unprecedented worldwide demand for these solutions and services that has led to DocuSign's explosive growth over the past year.
The company announced today that it now has more than 300,000 customers and more than 200 million users in 188 countries – with an average of 300,000 new users joining the platform every day. That represents 135 percent year-over-year growth – the company's strongest ever viral growth of new users joining per day.
There has also been substantial growth in DocuSign's developer community, with more than 42,000 developer sandboxes created and more than 3,700 integrators on the platform today. In addition, 58 percent of all DocuSign transactions are completed via the API (application program interface), and successful transactions from new integrations launched in the last year grew nearly 500 percent.
Speaking during the event, DocuSign CEO Dan Springer – who joined the company in January after leading Responsys through its IPO and acquisition – said he believes an even larger opportunity awaits DocuSign in the future.
"As we evolve our business, we are here to help our customers manage the entire process of coming to agreement digitally – and then delivering on those agreements. We've heard from customers across the board that they see DocuSign as a partner in this process – so we believe our growth has just started," Springer said.
As part of its core focus on innovation, DocuSign today announced two key product updates that will be rolled out as part of the upcoming DocuSign Summer '17 Release, including:
- DocuSign Payments: Designed to help organizations collect payment at the same time as they sign an agreement, DocuSign Payments will now include payment gateway integrations with PayPal and Braintree (in addition to Stripe). The DocuSign Payments API will also be made available in June, and Automated Clearing House (ACH) functionality will be added for US customers in July.
- Organization Administration (OA): This centralizes all DocuSign accounts and users into a single location, offering greater visibility and control for administrators. The initial functionality available in early June will include centralized user management (link and unlink accounts, create and manage users, assign and modify memberships, see all accounts created using your organization's email domains) and self-service identity management (setup and configure single sign-on, and administer just-in-time user provisioning).
DocuSign today announced a deeper, strategic partnership with IBM to bring to market new capabilities to three solutions to help organizations of every size and industry advance their digital transformations.
DocuSign's platform and eSignature service will be available within IBM Watson Workspace, IBM Connections and IBM Enterprise Content Management (ECM). These new advancements will bring together the power of cognitive insights, social collaboration and content management to deliver a new paradigm of business communication and productivity. The combination of DocuSign and Watson will help organizations come to agreement faster through intelligent, entirely digital transactions.
The day prior to Momentum 2017, DocuSign also welcomed more than 150 partners to a dedicated summit and recognized many high performers with awards.
DocuSign by the numbers
- Customer/user momentum
- More than 300,000 customers
- More than 200 million users across 188 countries (135% growth YoY)
- An average of 300,000 new users per day (>250% growth YoY)
- Accelerating the process of doing business
- 85% of successful transactions are completed in 1 day
- 64% of successful transactions are completed in 1 hour
- 53% of successful transactions are completed within 15 minutes
- Industry support for DocuSign – as used by:
- 12 of top 15 U.S. financial services companies
- 12 of top 15 U.S. insurance companies
- 14 of top 15 global medical supply companies
- 12 of top 15 global pharmaceutical companies
- 8 of top 10 global technology companies
- More than 450 government agencies
- More than 1,100 credit unions
- Customer value
- On average, DocuSign delivers $36.44 in value per document to customers
- Developer momentum
- 58% of all successful transactions are completed via the API
- More than 42,000 developer sandboxes on the DocuSign platform
- More than 3,700 integrators on the DocuSign platform
- Nearly 500% YoY growth in successful transactions from new integrations launched in the last year
About DocuSign, Inc.
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering anyone to send, sign and manage agreements anytime, anywhere, on any device with trust and confidence. For more information, visit www.docusign.com, call +1-877-720-2040, or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Copyright 2003-2017. DocuSign, Inc. is the owner of DocuSign® and all of its other marks (www.docusign.com/IP). All other marks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE DocuSign, Inc.