Electronically signing a Microsoft® Word document is easy when you use DocuSign eSignature
Need to electronically sign a Word document? It’s easy to do, takes less than 5 minutes and you can do it without ever leaving Microsoft® Word.
Electronic signatures are recognized legally, are binding and enforceable and are widely accepted around the globe.
The steps for e-signing a Word document are outlined below. For a detailed understanding and step-by-step instructions, including screenshots, read this blog to learn how to sign a Word document.
Electronically signing within a Word document with DocuSign eSignature:
As the signer of an agreement, you execute your signature in these five simple steps:
- Install the free DocuSign Add-in within Microsoft® Word. Follow the prompts to do the install and you will see DocuSign as a menu option. Click it and choose “sign document.”
- Register for the DocuSign eSignature free trial as prompted or log in if you already have an account.
- Drag and drop the signature field to add your signature to the Word document.
- Click Signature and add it to all the places you need to sign, then “Adopt and Sign” to place the signature and “Finish” to sign.
- The “Sign and Return” window now opens. Your signed document is ready to download and email to the requestor.
Is your Word document secure using DocuSign eSignature?
DocuSign eSignature is legally enforceable for most business or personal transactions around the world. Robust audit trails of each digitally signed agreement are automatically generated and stored for every agreement. Visit our Trust Center to learn more.
Can you use DocuSign eSignature to tag multiple places for people to sign within a Microsoft® Word document?
DocuSign eSignature lets you specify and order any number of signers. Assign recipients different roles and access beyond signing permissions — you have control over every step of the process. DocuSign eSignature enables you to add multiple elements (called tags) to your Word document. You can tag the date the agreement was signed, tag the signer’s printed name or email address, and more. Just drag the tag you want to add from the left pane, and drop it in your Word document.
How are electronic signatures used most with Microsoft® Word?
Send documents with DocuSign eSignature and have your customers sign and send back your document within a matter of minutes. Sending and signing is fast, easy and intuitive. e-Signatures can modernize and simplify a lengthy, manual process with lots of paperwork.
Popular ways to use electronic signatures in Microsoft® Word documents are:
- Mortgage applications
- Real estate contracts and closing documents
- Sales contracts
- Vendor agreements
- Virtual new hiring and on-boarding documents
Sign up for our DocuSign eSignature free trial to try e-signing Word documents for yourself.