Partners, People and the Planet: Our Dreamforce 19 Recap
Dreamforce 19 is in the books, and what a show it was. We were proud to be an Innovator sponsor at this year’s Dreamforce, and between our booths in the Campground and Developer Forest, four theater sessions, two keynotes, and a host of happy hours, meetings and demos, we spent an amazing week bringing the Agreement Cloud for Salesforce to life.
We walked away from Dreamforce 19 energized and inspired by peers, colleagues, and industry innovators. As we reflect on the event, three main themes stand out: partners, people, and the planet.
There was a lot of buzz at Dreamforce about the 4th wave of computing—the single source of truth. A single source of truth connects siloed customer data sources to a central hub, letting Salesforce customers connect customer data, authenticate identity, govern privacy, segment audiences, and personalize experiences.
That connection means integration.
In the opening keynote of Dreamforce, Mark Benioff stated, “We are building this together." Nowhere did that come more to life than in the AppExchange Partner Keynote: Succeed in the Fastest Growing Cloud Marketplace, where DocuSign COO Scott Olrich joined nCino and Accenture to demonstrate how Salesforce partners can build together on the Salesforce Customer 360 Platform, creating solutions that change the way organizations like Santander UK serve as disrupters in their industries.
Salesforce is built on partnerships, and the success of that model is made evident by the fact that IDG predicts the Salesforce ecosystem will be 6X larger than Salesforce itself in just 20 years. AppExchange is constantly evolving to meet partner needs and customer demands, and we’re evolving with it. At Dreamforce 19, we were thrilled to announced two new solutions for the Salesforce ecosystem: Negotiate and CLM.
- DocuSign Negotiate helps companies accelerate the sales process by automating the generation, negotiation and approval of customized agreements from Salesforce.
- DocuSign CLM makes it painless for organizations to streamline the entire contract lifecycle—accelerating the pace of doing business, increasing compliance and improving employee and customer experience.
Beyond driving business value together, partners in the Salesforce ecosystem have the opportunity to inspire each other in ways that have a positive impact on the planet. During the target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Partner Keynote: Building a Different Kind of Partnership, Suzanne DiBianca and DocuSign CEO Dan Springer talked about partnering for good. DocuSign was one of the first to join Pledge 1%, Salesforce’s 1-1-1- philanthropic model, and through our ongoing partnership with Salesforce, our commitment to Pledge 1% has grown into DocuSign IMPACT. That program has transformed as we’ve been inspired to galvanize around forests with DocuSign for Forests, serving closely with Jane Goodall, Friends of the Urban Forest, the Wilderness Foundation and more to help protect the world’s forests.
The United Nations sustainable development goals (SDGs) were front and center at Dreamforce in 2019, and goal #5—gender equality—was a particular focus on its own, but also in how diversity and inclusion is so tightly connected to the future of AI. Even as Salesforce partners have more exciting opportunities with Einstein’s advanced AI capabilities, at Dreamforce 19 we were reminding of the need for of more diversity in AI to better manage bias, as well as the importance of certifying and upskilling people whose jobs are changing because of AI.
Speaking of upskilling, members of the Salesforce ecosystem left Dreamforce with incredible opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
- Salesforce launched Trailhead GO: the free, first-ever mobile app for Trailhead with over 700 mobile-friendly modules to let anyone skill up on the go.
- At DocuSign, we’ve made our exclusive Dreamforce self-paced coursework including courses on eSignature, Negotiate, Gen and Apex Toolkit available to everyone!
- MuleSoft pledged to skill up 100,000 Integration Trailblazers with new learning journeys tailored to organizational roles and learning goals through Trailmix.
- My Trailhead, piloted by Accenture, was spotlighted as a resource for reskilling employees, customers, and partners
We can’t wait to see what’s in store for Dreamforce 2020!
To read all about the Dreamforce experience for developers check our other post.