Get Important Documents Out Fast with Bulk Send
Personalize. Distribute. Sign.
Got a new employee policy that needs signing by all your staff? Or maybe you just need a secure way to get an important all-hands update out to every individual in your organization?
Whether you need to personalize each document for policy compliance, or require multiple people to sign the same document, or just need to widely distribute a confidential document, DocuSign's Bulk Send feature shines. As its name suggests, Bulk Send is a quick and simple way to send one or more documents out to many. It’s the modern-day mail merge.
How Bulk Send works
Preparing a Bulk Send is a simple 3-step process:
- Start by creating a document template (or use an existing one)
- Add signature tags to specify where recipients need to sign, just as you would in a standard agreement
- Import your list of signers' names and email addresses
DocuSign automatically merges the templated document with your recipient list and, importantly, creates a unique copy of the document for each person to sign. Bulk Send eliminates the need to create and send separate envelopes to every person on your list.
Tips to get the most from Bulk Send
- Get your template ready Perfecting your template is the first step in a successful Bulk Send. When you’re setting it up, give each field you’re tagging a logical name (you’ll need this when you create your CSV file).
- Consider contingencies When creating the template and adding fields, think about things like the varying lengths in recipients’ names – one person’s name may only be six characters but someone else’s may be 25. Leave enough space in fields for those longer names! Also, double-check fields that will be populated by things like currency, as alignment may need adjusting.
- Set up your CSV file Compile the list of tags you’ve set up and create a CSV that includes all your tags. One thing to watch out for is to ensure your excel formatting carries over to the csv. file.
- Test and retest Just as you’d do a test before you send out an email blast (right?), it’s important to test your signing experience with a small group of recipients before sending it to thousands.
- Beyond the Bulk Send Once the document has been distributed, now what? Easily check on the status of each envelope in your DocuSign account, just as you would a regular DocuSign envelope. Once a person signs the document, you'll be notified, and the completed agreement is routed back to your account.
At DocuSign, we use Bulk Send all the time
Bulk Send is a huge time (and money) saver when we need to get important updates to our global workforce. We rely on it for many HR-related items like compensation plans, bonuses, employee handbooks, updates to T&Cs, annual benefit notifications – things that our entire staff needs to know and may require sign-off for policy compliance. Right now, with our entire staff working remotely, it’s proven to be an invaluable tool in our business continuity arsenal.
V2 of the Bulk Send API is now available, making it even easier to reach a wide audience with personalized, signable documents.