Build with the DocuSign APIs at CalHacks 2019
This weekend, the DocuSign API team is attending and sponsoring CalHacks 2019 in Berkeley, CA. As a Gold Level Sponsor, we’re excited to educate ~1700 collegiate devs on how to accelerate and simplify the ways customers prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements with the DocuSign Agreement Cloud.
What’s special about CalHacks: During this 36-hour event, collegiate developers will have far more time to form teams, ideate, and ultimately build software/hardware projects. CalHacks also supports teams following the event with a fellowship program, which includes exclusive perks like equity-free grants
Audience: 60% of participants are from Berkeley, the majority in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. The other 40% come from schools around the country (Stanford, UCLA, MIT, and Georgia Tech, to name a few). They’re here to hack for a weekend and also meet new friends and make contact with industry representatives.
Our Presence: Our sponsor table will be the place to be! We’ll have new demos to show, awesome swag to give away, and DocuSign engineers on hand to answer all your integration questions. Check-in with us as soon as you can, as swag will go quickly. Our evangelism team will also be helping open the hackathon in the opening ceremony. We will also be hosting a comprehensive workshop on Saturday.
Our Suggested Schedule
Here is the event schedule with a few of our favorite workshops included:
|Fri 7:30PM||Opening Ceremony||Cal Memorial Stadium|
|Fri 9:00PM||Intro to Web Apps by Google Cloud||Innovation Lab|
|Fri 9:30PM||Hacking begins!||Cal Memorial Stadium|
|Sat 10:00 AM||DocuSign API Workshop||Innovation Lab|
|Sun 9:00AM||Hacking ends!||Cal Memorial Stadium|
|Sun 12:30PM||Closing Ceremony||Cal Memorial Stadium|
On Saturday 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM, Matthew Roknich will be giving an hour-long workshop entitled “Crash Course on the DocuSign APIs.” Many hackers, especially collegiate, have heard of DocuSign, but are unfamiliar with our developer offerings. Attendees can expect an overview of account creation, authentication, remote signing, embedded signing, ID verification, and payments. Not among the lucky few to attend CalHacks this year? Be on the lookout for the workshop slides and notes after the hackathon in our post-event blog post.
Our Challenges and Prizes:
The challenges at CalHacks are pretty straightforward: present the best use of either the DocuSign eSignature API or Click API. Our intent behind these open-ended challenges is to enable hackers to be as creative as possible with our new and existing APIs.
For each of the two challenges, we will award prizes to our first and second place winners, ranging from $250 to $1,000 in Amazon gift cards. In addition, our first place winners will be featured on the DocuSign Developer Center, receive a shout out on our DocuSign API social media outlets and Blog, and receive an automatic first-round screening for an internship or full-time opportunity at DocuSign.
In the meantime, or if you’re unable to attend, be sure to check out all our other great DocuSign developer resources:
- DocuSign Developer Center
- @DocuSignAPI on Twitter
- DocuSign for Developers on LinkedIn
- DocuSign for Developers on Facebook
- DocuSign Developer Newsletter
- DocuSign Developer Blog
Matthew Roknich is a Developer Evangelist and a lifelong problem solver. His current projects outside of DocuSign involve advanced IoT and sustainability. He can be found on a soapbox talking about the Agreement Cloud APIs at a variety of developer conferences, hackathons, and meetups.