Data subject rights
Any natural person or their representative can exercise data subject rights
- DocuSign provides two mechanisms, a portal site or email, for data subject access requests, available to everyone.
- DocuSign will honor an individual’s request to exercise their rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and/or other applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- DocuSign will make reasonable efforts to assist you and will respond as accurately and completely as possible.
Individuals in the EU and individuals whose personal data is processed by entities established in the EU have rights under the GDPR to know and determine how their personal data is collected and used, among many other rights. These individuals are defined as “data subjects” under the regulation.
Below are examples of rights an individual may exercise. For more detailed information, refer to the GDPR:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- And more
DocuSign will fulfill an individual’s request to exercise their rights, which may happen in several ways:
- Provide information about how DocuSign processes personal data
- Provide a copy of their personal data (in electronic form in many cases)
- Correct inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- Erase their personal data in certain cases
- Restrict processing of personal data in certain cases
- And more
DocuSign will provide an initial response without undue delay and, in any event, within one month to all requests. If DocuSign requires additional time to fulfill a request, we will inform individuals of any necessary extensions. We assess each request on a case-by-case basis, and in some cases, may ask the individual for additional information to help us fulfill the request.
How to submit requests
Individuals or their representatives may submit a request using the request form on the DocuSign Support Center. Individuals need to provide complete and relevant information on the form, which DocuSign will use to evaluate the request.
This form and the related evaluation processes may change as additional guidance becomes available, and individual submissions may be re-evaluated over time.