DocuSign Adds Digital Transaction Management to Internet2 NET+ Portfolio
DocuSign’s DTM Platform Allows Universities to Replace Paper-Based Processes with Fast, Easy & Compliant Digital Solution
- DocuSign joins the Internet2 NET+ Portfolio to enable higher education institutions to go fully digital.
- Higher education institutions can eliminate paper-based processes with DocuSign’s secure DTM platform.
- With DocuSign, higher education institutions can maintain compliance, reduce costs and provide an easy solution for users.
SAN FRANCISCO—April 30, 2015—DocuSign, Inc. (DocuSign®) today announced that it has joined the Internet2 NET+ portfolio, http://www.internet2.edu/vision-initiatives/initiatives/internet2-netplus/, enabling higher education institutions to decrease transaction cycle times, reduce costs, and enhance satisfaction with the industry’s most secure Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform.
Higher education institutions including the likes of University of California, San Francisco and Temple University are using DocuSign to transform how work gets done. DocuSign helps organizations of every size, across all industries, and geographies eliminate the hassles, costs, and lack of security inherent in paper-based processes to transact business 100% digitally.
The Internet2 NET+ DocuSign offering, http://www.internet2.edu/products-services/cloud-services-applications/docusign/, tailored for higher education institutions, is now in the early adopter phase of the NET+ initiative. Temple University, the sponsoring institution, worked with DocuSign and Internet2 as part of the NET+ service validation process, http://www.internet2.edu/products-services/cloud-services-applications/s..., to define and tailor the new service as an Internet2 NET+ offering. As a result, DocuSign is now open to all Internet2 higher education members.
- “Temple University was pleased to pilot DocuSign with our legal and contracts office on campus and to sponsor the service for inclusion in the Internet2 NET+ catalogue,” said Temple University’s Associate Vice President and CISO, Larry Brandolph. “Our users are happy with the service and the ease with which we were able to deploy it to them and begin streamlining our transaction processes and contract signing. We see potential in developing further use cases with DocuSign and the other participating Internet2 member universities in the future.”
- “DocuSign’s ease of implementation, and its track record as an industry leader in digitally transforming the industry, make it a must-have offering for our higher education community,” said Internet2 Senior Vice President Shelton Waggener. “DocuSign’s Digital Transaction Management capabilities are ideal to enabling the rapid growth in digital research and education activities across higher education. Through NET+, campuses can share use cases, best practices in deployments and success strategies for broad adoption that help institutions improve how they operate and serve students, faculty and administrators.”
- “We’re pleased to include DocuSign in the Internet2 NET+ portfolio, which provides Internet2 higher education members the valuable opportunity to join The DocuSign Global Trust Network,” said DocuSign Founder and Chief Strategy Officer Tom Gonser. “The addition of DocuSign into Internet2’s NET+ Portfolio will make the power of Digital Transaction Management available to more colleges and universities everywhere.”
With DocuSign, higher education institutions can:
- Digitally transform the entire institution by eliminating paper-based processes across all departments
- Maintain compliance and operate a fully digital business within the regulated world of education
- Streamline the signature process for students from the initial application to obtaining a college degree
- Reduce costs and errors as nothing has to be manually re-entered since it lives securely in the cloud
- Enhance satisfaction of administrators, faculty and students with an easy, fast, and user-friendly digital solution
A webinar detailing the process of becoming a DocuSign early adopter will be held on June 9th and June 11th.
Internet2 NET+ is a research and education (R&E) community-driven initiative focused on providing secure, agile and reliable mobility in the cloud to higher education’s diverse users. Through a rigorous peer-driven evaluation process, R&E institutions and cloud service providers work together to develop offerings that maximize deployment efficiencies and minimize the business and legal challenges, financial costs, and technology risks of migrating from on-campus to cloud-based solutions.
For more information on the Internet2 NET+ DocuSign offering, visit http://www.internet2.edu/products-services/cloud-services-applications/docusign/.
1 (202) 803-8996
1 (215) 317-9091
About DocuSign, Inc.
DocuSign® is The Global Standard for Digital Transaction Management®. DocuSign helps more than 100,000 companies across nearly every industry and department make their digital transformation by putting an end to the paper chase. More than 50 million people in 188 countries turn to DocuSign to manage their most important transactions—digitally. DocuSign's DTM platform supports legally compliant signature processes tailored to meet requirements globally with localization in 43 languages. Every day more than 50,000 new users join The DocuSign Global Trust Network to increase speed to results, reduce costs, enhance security and compliance, and delight clients with a secure digital experience. For more information, visit www.docusign.com or call 877.720.2040.
Copyright 2003-2015. DocuSign, Inc. is the owner of DOCUSIGN® and all of its other marks, www.docusign.com/IP. All other marks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
Internet2® is a member-owned advanced technology community founded by the nation's leading higher education institutions in 1996. Internet2 provides a collaborative environment for U.S. research and education organizations to solve common technology challenges, and to develop innovative solutions in support of their educational, research, and community service missions. Internet2 also operates the nation’s largest and fastest, coast-to-coast research and education network, in which the Network Operations Center is powered by Indiana University. Internet2 serves more than 90,000 community anchor institutions, 260 U.S. universities, 65 government agencies, 40 regional and state education networks, 85 leading corporations working with our community and more than 65 national research and education networking partners representing more than 100 countries. Internet2 offices are located in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Denver, Colo.; Emeryville, Calif.; Washington, D.C; and West Hartford, Conn. For more information, visit www.internet2.edu or follow @Internet2 on Twitter.