Call Recording Policy
Version Date: April 2, 2021
DocuSign is committed to providing leading-edge sales and support services to our customers and users. As part of this commitment and in order to serve you better, our Sales and global Support teams will sometimes record calls with customers and others. We recognize that when you choose to partner with DocuSign, you trust us to act responsibly. This policy sets out the basis for how call recordings are managed and utilized by us in our business activities.
What Is the Purpose of Recording Calls?
We record calls as part of our Sales and/or Customer Support activities in order to improve the effectiveness of our Sales and Customer Support teams.
Which Calls Are Recorded?
- Customer Support calls where you are notified of the call recording in advance.
- Sales calls that are pre-scheduled with Sales prospects and customers.
- With respect to pre-scheduled Sales calls, call attendees will receive a notification prior to the call indicating DocuSign’s intent to record the call as well as an opportunity to opt-out of such recorded calls.
- DocuSign will only collect personal information a call attendee elects to disclose on the call. Sensitive information should not be disclosed during such calls.
- DocuSign will collect a call recording subject to each call attendee’s consent to such collection.
- DocuSign does not sell the call recording or any personal information associated with the recording.
How Can I Notify Docusign in the Event I Do Not Want to Be Recorded?
In the event you do not wish for your call to be recorded, please indicate this preference prior to or at the start of your call with a DocuSign representative.
Where Are Call Recordings Stored?
Call recordings are stored on DocuSign’s secure network and/or systems of DocuSign’s applicable third- party suppliers supporting these business activities. We retain the calls for twelve months unless a longer time period is required by law.
Who Has Access to Call Recording Information?
- Call recording data is accessible by the applicable DocuSign Sales or Customer Support teams. Additionally, call recording data may be accessible by third parties who support these DocuSign business operations.
- DocuSign’s affiliates.
- Other third parties as required by law.
How Can I Request a Copy of a Recording?
Requests for copies of any recorded conversations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and are subject to evaluation. Consent by all parties involved in the recording must be obtained before we are able to provide a copy of any recording unless this requirement conflicts with applicable law.
We may require additional information in order to properly process requests (including for purposes of obtaining consent by all parties involved in the call), so our ability to process requests will be dependent upon the completeness of the request.
Please note: Recorded calls are subject to applicable data privacy and intellectual property legislation, regulation, and other laws. This means that in some cases, applicable local data privacy legislation allows recorded individuals to access their recorded calls and DocuSign must fulfill such requests.
We regularly review our compliance with this Call Recording Policy. In the event that we receive a formal written complaint, we will contact the individual who made the complaint and we will make all efforts to resolve such complaint directly pursuant to the process described in our Binding Corporate Rules.
Changes to This Policy
As our company may make changes to how we operate our business, our Call Recording Policy may change from time to time. Furthermore, we reserve the right to make changes to this Call Recording Policy without your explicit consent where changes in the laws governing call recording require us to reflect those in our Call Recording Policy. We will post any changes to our Call Recording Policy on this page. We will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.
What if I Have Questions Regarding This Call Recording Policy?
If you have any questions or concerns about our Call Recording Policy, or should you wish to file a complaint about anything relating to our Call Recording Policy, contact us at email@example.com.