Use DocuSign eSignature to fill out a PDF form and sign it
Some PDF forms are fillable — and some aren’t. If the file creator doesn’t convert the PDF to an interactive, fillable form or if they intentionally build the form so that you can only fill in manually or with the Adobe Fill & Sign tool, then you have a “flat” form. Flat forms are non-interactive forms that require extra effort and extra steps to be completed.
An interactive form contains fields that you can select or fill in, eliminating the need to print the form and complete it by hand.
Fast PDF form-fills with DocuSign eSignature
You can use DocuSign eSignature to quickly scroll through an interactive, fillable PDF and to fill in all necessary fields. DocuSign eSignature automatically detects the fields and lets you tab or arrow from field to field. This eliminates the time-consuming and wasteful steps of printing the file, using a pen to fill out and sign the form, and scanning and re-uploading the file for return sending. Instead, use DocuSign eSignature to complete, sign, send and store your PDF forms.
Register for a 30-day free trial and sign in or download the mobile app on your favorite device. Filling out a PDF form and signing it online can be done by following the steps below:
- Upload the fillable PDF form from your computer, email, or file-sharing site (like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive) to your DocuSign library.
- In the DocuSign library, highlight the form and then choose Sign and Send.
- At the Apply Form Fields prompt, choose Apply, which allows you to edit the fields in the PDF.
- Use the arrows to navigate between the form fields, and fill out and sign the form.
- When you’re done, choose Finish and Email to send the signed document. Add your recipient(s), and then choose Send.
Need to automate your forms? DocuSign eSignature PowerForms let you generate on demand, self-service documents for signature. This can help you eliminate document preparation time and easily pull the data you collect into existing applications. Learn more about how digital, fillable forms are changing the process of government services in this blog.
Why use DocuSign eSignature to fill out and sign PDFs online?
- DocuSign eSignature makes it easy to fill out interactive forms online.
- Fill out and sign interactive PDFs from almost anywhere, on most devices.
- Trust that your PDF form is backed by the most stringent U.S., EU, and global security standards.
- Eliminate printing and delivery costs.
- Save time and effort by turning your form filling into a digital process.