Can you electronically sign a lease?
With electronic signature technology you can sign a lease online without having to physically be present to sign a lease. You can sign your lease online with a legally binding electronic signature. Sign your lease document from your computer or mobile device for free with DocuSign eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically.
How do I sign a lease agreement online?
Upload a copy of the lease agreement to an electronic signature application, like DocuSign, and add your electronic signature.
- Create a free account.
- Create your signature. You can use your finger or stylus to capture your signature or simply select a font.
- Upload any document.
- Drag and drop your signature.
- Email your signed document.
You’ll have access to your signed documents anytime.
Sign your documents for free now. Sign-up for a 30-day free trial.
Send a tenant lease agreement for signature
You can send a lease agreement via email to your renters for them to electronically sign. Once they have signed, you will receive notification and an electronic copy of the signed lease agreement. When you use a tool like DocuSign eSignature, the agreement will be stored in your account online for easy access.
- Upload your tenant lease agreement to an electronic signature platform, like DocuSign.
- Add fields for your signers to fill out like name, date, initials and signature.
- Send the document out to your tenants directly from the eSignature tool.
- Tenants electronically sign it and return it to you.
- Landlord electronically signs.
- All recipients automatically receive a digital copy of the completed lease agreement.
Finalize your lease and rental agreements faster
Once you have negotiated all the lease details with your tenant(s) you can send the lease agreement via email for electronic signature.
Benefits of electronic signature for tenant lease agreements:
- Send lease agreements from your smartphone.
- Have access to every rental document online.
- Create and save tenant lease agreement templates.
- Allow tenants to sign agreements electronically. They do not need accounts to sign agreements you send to them from DocuSign eSignature.
Sign up for our 30-day free trial and see how simple it is to execute lease agreements via DocuSign eSignature.