Add Digital Signatures to Adobe PDF
How to add an electronic signature to an Adobe PDF
Quickly upload an Adobe PDF document and add an electronic signature to the signature field using DocuSign eSignature:
- Create a free DocuSign account
- Upload your PDF document
- Click to agree to use electronic signature for this document
- Click “add signature”
- Add the email address for where you want to send the signed document
- Click “finish”
How to create an electronic signature
- The first time you click a SIGN or INITIAL field, you will be asked to adopt a signature and initials.
- Verify your name and initials are correct. If not, you can change them as needed. If you would like to change your name or initials, type the changes in the Full Name and Initials fields.
- You can choose if you want to select a preformatted signature style or if you will draw your signature.
Prepare PDFs for electronic signature quickly
Send documents with DocuSign and have your customers sign and send back your document within a matter of minutes. Sending and signing is fast, easy and intuitive.
When you upload a PDF, DocuSign automatically recognizes and converts the PDF fields to signer fields.
You choose how to apply the converted fields as you set up your document:
- Assign all of the fields to a recipient. Any data that was entered into the original form is included in the DocuSign field.
- Delete all of the fields and any data they contain.
- Flatten the fields, converting the contents of the fields from the original PDF form into a permanent, read-only part of your document.
Collect the details you need
Add standard fields to your agreement like a signature or date, or create and save custom fields. DocuSign offers robust form functionality including checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdown tags, and text, numeric and currency fields.
Always know where your agreement is in the signing process. Set automatic reminders and receive notifications at every step.
DocuSign eSignature has signers in 180 countries. You can sign agreements in 44 languages and send them in 14.
DocuSign eSignature meets or exceeds stringent global security standards including:
- ISO 27001. The highest level of global information security assurance available today
- GDPR. European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation
- FedRAMP Authorized. For serving the U.S. federal government
- HIPAA. For handling personal health information
Save time and elevate the customer experience by electronically sending Adobe PDF documents for review and signature.
Keep your business moving without the hassle of printing, scanning, uploading, or mailing documents that require signature.
Try sending your Adobe PDF documents for electronic signature with our 30-day free trial.