User Experience I Warrenville, Illinois
Support engagement, community participation, retention, loyalty, advocacy and growth for current customers.
DocuSign is seeking a User Experience Designer for the growing product design and development team in the Chicago suburbs. You will design elegant, customer-focused solutions for millions of DocuSign users around the globe. You will be responsible for the user interface, its architecture, interaction, user research and visual design across platforms. You are a talented, passionate designer with strong analytic skills. You adeptly balance business needs with simple, engaging, user-centered solutions. You are adept at working in an Agile/Scrum product development environment that is cross-functional and highly collaborative.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Senior User Experience Lead.
- Design web and/or mobile applications
- Partner with Product Management, Customer Experience, and Engineering to define the product direction for your area, collaborate on the design execution and measure ongoing improvements
- Design simple solutions for complex workflows; invent useful ways to tell stories and extract meaning from noise
- Create design deliverables including site structure, flows, wireframes, high fidelity comps, prototypes, and style guides
- Collaborate with other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience including contributing to a style guide and pattern library
- Appreciate critical feedback: give it, receive it, and seek it
- Work with User Research to identify opportunities where research can inspire, optimize or evaluate the design; in the absence of research, have an intuition for what will work well
- Manage multiple channels of stakeholder input and user feedback; be adept at balancing conflicting inputs and finding elegant solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate up and across teams
- Must be a skilled storyteller
- Execute on design initiatives in support of both short and long term goals
- Work with teams to execute and ship against multiple deadlines, developing processes as needed
- Review and collaborate with other UX teams effectively
- BA/BS or above in a design related field
- 5+ years of experience designing user experiences for web and mobile products/services
- Experience with design and prototyping tools: Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with prototyping tools like Principle, Zeplin, InVision, etc.
- Online portfolio that showcases the products you have shipped
- Strong experience creating design deliverables from site structure to flows, wireframes, high fidelity comps, prototypes, and style guides
- The ability to choose the right tool for the right job
- HTML/CSS knowledge and the ability to engage with front-end developers in this language is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate up and across a large org to clearly articulate design decisions
User Experience @ DocuSign
DocuSign’s user experience team includes of customer insights, user experience, and education. Understanding customer insights and focusing on the customer is critical to what we do. You will conduct research and test concepts with customers to glean deeper insights. Those insights can lead to breakthrough thinking that ensures we create a world-class simple-yet-powerful user experience for our customers … and ultimately help them transform and grow their businesses.
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done. More than 225,000 companies and 85 million users in 188 countries sign, send, and manage documents with DocuSign. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign’s Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.