Developer Support Engineer
Developer Support Engineer I
Technical Support | Dublin
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Technical Support team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
Developer Support Engineers (DSEs) handle the most complex technical questions from developers and act as DocuSign API subject matter experts for other Customer Success teams.
DSEs work directly with customer and ISV developers to assist them with their API, authentication, and SDK questions across the full DocuSign product line. DSEs also create API examples and test cases, report bugs to the engineering organization, write knowledge base articles, participate in webinars for developers, and more.
This position is an Individual Contributor role reporting to the Developer Support Manager and is designated Flex
● Perform troubleshooting and development assistance to the DocuSign Developer Community
● Assist the customer with how to questions, technical articles, and tutorials on some of the basic to intermediate level use cases of DocuSign APIs and SDKs
● Act as a Subject Matter Expert for Advanced DocuSign Features including APIs, SDKs, webhooks, PowerForms, Templates, Embedded signing, DocuSign For Salesforce and more.
● Perform troubleshooting sessions with developers on API integrations and DocuSign connectors
● Diagnose code samples from customers for advanced testing purposes to identify issues and document them completely prior to internal escalation
● Act as point of escalation for technical questions including internal and external department inquiries to facilitate the rapid deployment of customers’ applications
● Perform check of escalated issues found by internal team members prior to advancing through proper channels
● Participate in DocuSign and StackOverflow.com forums to support the growth of self-help within the DocuSign Developer Community
● Occasionally attend and represent DocuSign at developer events and activities such as webinars and developer conferences.
● Bachelor of Science degree in a Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
● English language proficiency: native or fluent
● 2+ years of SaaS troubleshooting experience in a Technical Support capacity, with one year as a developer or 1+ years as a Software Engineer/Software Test Engineer
● 1-2 years of experience with Internet technologies including REST APIs, JSON, XML, SOAP, PubSub architecture, and software technologies including .NET
● Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and triage complex, code-related technical issues
● Basic experience in troubleshooting performance & network related issues.
● Experience using GitHub to host code samples
● Experience in providing technical customer support a strong preference
● Experience in using or debugging REST or SOAP APIs
● Proficiency in additional languages beyond English
● Salesforce Development Certification is a plus.
● Experience using Salesforce.com and Salesforce Apex
● Experience with creating technical articles.
● Ability to understand new and popular programming languages as more developers use them to create DocuSign integrations
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature, the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and more than a billion users in over 180 countries use the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate with regards to any legally protected characteristics.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.