Frontend Software Engineer
Frontend Software Engineer
Engineering and Tech Operations | Warrenville, IL or Remote - US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering and Tech Operations teams work on some of the most impactful and challenging problems in the Software industry. We are a highly collaborative cross-border group that operates on the edge between Engineering and the business and helps to design solutions from concept to launch – all while focusing on and advocating for what’s best for our customers. We work closely with Engineering and Design to create some of the most innovative never-been-done-before products. We partner with the Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Security teams to bring the product to market.
Our Rooms team builds solutions to modernize the real estate business, mortgage business and beyond! The Software Engineer will want to work in an environment where you are challenged to continue learning and growing. Where your voice and opinions will be heard, and you can make a real difference. You will work closely with Product Management, Core Engineering and UX to develop products our customers love. Our office is working to become the most innovative and forward-thinking company here in the greater Chicago area and we need more high energy, talented developers to help us get there!
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Manager of Engineering and is designated Flex.
- Build reusable React components that can be shared across multiple applications
- Consume RESTful web services to build new product features
- Work with internal teams and external customers to understand their requirements for data visualization
- Research new features and technologies
- Fix production issues and maintain the code as needed
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience as a Software Engineer with a Bachelor's degree, or 3 years of related experience with a Master's degree
- 3+ years of experience with modern web application technologies (TypeScript, ES6, React/Angular/VueJS), preferably with React
- Experience with HTML, CSS, AJAX, and JSON
- Experience consuming RESTful web-services
- Experience working with Designers and Usability Researchers
- Experience building UI component libraries and using tools like Storybook
- Good with web accessibility standards and practices
- Experience with D3, Highcharts, or other data visualization libraries
- Experience configuring front end builds with tools like Webpack
- Good understanding of web application design principles such as usability/accessibility, performance, responsive web design, and security
- Experience working with cross-browser behaviors and quirks
- Familiarity with microservice architecture
- Experience with Agile and Test-driven development methodologies
- Passion for UI development
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $105,400 - $145,000 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature, the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and more than a billion users in over 180 countries use the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.