Group Vice President, Customer Success - Americas
Group Vice President, Customer Success - Americas
Customer Success | San Francisco, California
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
As the Group Vice President, Customer Success for the Americas you will join our large and dynamic Customer Success organization and become an integral part of an organization that is transforming the way our customers achieve success. The Group Vice President, Customer Success will lead our North America and Latin America based Customer Success teams, and help shape and drive global strategy in partnership with regional peers. As a key leader within our Worldwide Field Operations organization, this role will be responsible for the success outcomes of our customers; ensuring customers achieve value and continue to grow. Included in this remit are customer adoption of our DocuSign Agreement platform, customer retention, and expansion.
The Group Vice President, Customer Success - Americas will be responsible for leading and managing the post-sales customer experience and journey from Services Sales, to On Boarding, to Implementation Services, Customer Success Management and At Scale Success. Driving initiatives, innovation and outcomes that lead to growth in the Americas and influencing the broader global matrixed organization with Customer Success Leaders in EMEA and APJ. This position works in concert with Worldwide Field Operations Leadership, to execute on key strategic priorities and specific account programs in the region. The Group Vice President, Customer Success will lead the teams that enable our customers to accelerate their business by helping them develop modern systems of agreements via the DocuSign Agreement Cloud. Providing a cohesive strategy between internal resources, vendors and partners, this role is critical to building a global, at scale model prepared for growth.
This leader will leverage multiple channels to understand customer needs and requirements and engage with leadership across Worldwide Field Operations, Product Marketing, GTM strategy, Partner Marketing, and Product Management through NPI (New Product Initiatives) and our PLC (Product Lifecycle Council) to support our 1Mil+ customers across every segment from the very smallest to the world's largest Fortune 100 brands.
As the leader, you are responsible for supporting a people first organization. Specifically, its culture, and its ability to execute on the strategy and plan. The leader ensures the right talent and capabilities are hired and developed and that the organization is diverse and inclusive in both the business and in its ongoing talent initiatives.
This position is a people manager reporting to the President, Worldwide Field Operations and is designated Flex.
- Drive a customer first strategy; acting as advocate and growth agent for the business and its customers
- Lead and manage the multiple success organizations that support the customer journey and customer outcomes including Services Sales-Engagement management, Professional Services, Customer Success Management, DocuSign University, and Success At-Scale
- Develop and align with the GTM teams to ensure the right customer experience and outcomes
- Engage and work closely with Product development and Product Strategy as the voice of the Americas customer base and CS organization as a whole
- Partner with global Customer Success leadership to align and expand on the global strategy, in a way that balances regional needs with overall DocuSign and Customer Success organizational goals, outcomes and impact
- Evolve the business and look for ways to drive customer value and growth
- Direct and guide Customer Success marketing to ensure the Success teams and service are represented and understood by both the field organizations and our customers globally
- Work closely with Worldwide Field Operations teams to leverage usage and behavioral trends that inform about the customer conditions including attrition risk, and expansion opportunities
- Define and execute Digital At Scale Programs that are aligned with the greater field organizations and that address customer needs
- Continue to work with and align with the Global Success leaders and the greater GTM teams around key KPIs
- Review and manage the state of the Americas book of business and provide leadership and engagement as executive sponsor on key customer accounts and programs
- Lead a value based culture that is focused on hiring, retaining and developing people
- Ensure people are the priority and that development and performance are aligned to the business goals and outcomes
- Partner with the Success Operations, Systems and Finance teams for process, systems and platforms to further automate management of capacity and workforce planning as well as success planning and At Scale Initiatives
- Lead the efforts to bring the different digital customer resources and capabilities together in a simpler more streamlined self-service customer experience by working closely with teams across the business
- 20+ years of leadership experience in Customer Success, preferably within a Global SaaS company
- Leadership of a large 500+ Success Organization with multiple-cross functional teams
- Experience working with SaaS business models and their overall relationship to Customer Success
- Background and expertise in building out new customer success capabilities and organizations to accommodate growth, scale and reach in Americas and other regions throughout the world
- The ability to build and manage capacity and financial models projecting team growth, utilization and revenue
- Experience leading Partner relationships, Vendor Management and Managed Services at scale
- Experience in working with a Center of Excellence and a global vendor onshore/offshore model
- Strong business plan development experience
- A proven track record of leading high performing, results driven teams and organizations
- BS/BA degree required
- Proven track record of achieving Customer Success financial results while maintaining high customer satisfaction
- Experience successfully working in matrixed organization and with cross functional teams to achieve company and departmental objectives
- Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, and occasionally unprecedented
- Executive level presence and communication both internally and externally
- Superior communication skills to create and convey customer objectives, success strategies, and customer insights for internal and external stakeholders
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature, the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and more than a billion users in over 180 countries use the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.