Director, Engagement Management
Director, Engagement Management
Customer Success | Remote - US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Director of Engagement Management position requires a combination of services management skills, implementation and services delivery experience, solution definition expertise, relationship building and sales acumen. Core skills required to be successful in this role include the ability to build cross-functional alignments with teams such as Sales, Customer Success, Partner Success and Operations as a trusted advisor. The ability to be highly collaborative, achieve joint goals, and eliminate roadblocks for the Engagement Management team are keys to success. The Director of Engagement Management must lead, mentor and guide their team to hit and exceed quotas, manage pipeline, accurately forecast bookings, and drive deals to closure. Additionally, this role will require direct services selling and managing of deals to support any overflow of deal requests.
This position is a people manager role reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Engagement Management and is designated Flex.
- Lead regional Engagement Managers and provide guidance and mentorship ensuring the overall team’s success
- Engage directly with Sales on key strategic opportunities as well as provide oversight and review of pursuits driven by direct reports
- Manage an accurate pipeline of Services opportunities and communicate forecasts weekly for your team
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Customer Success and Partner Success teams to recommend best practices and position the right services to customers
- Collaborate with CSM leaders to provide services sales support throughout the customer journey, supporting adoption and expansion
- Review and develop compelling services proposals that provide current understanding, key business issues and needs, solution overview, project scope and costing
- Ensure Engagement Managers position the right service offerings, estimate appropriate work effort, and develop Statements of Work that control risk by clearly articulating scope boundaries
- Ensure services SOWs are financially sound with appropriate margin, cost reviews, and are within discounting thresholds
- Work in concert with Sales to position the value of services and effectively negotiate and close profitable services engagements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 15+ years professional services and implementation experience delivering application and cloud-based technology solutions
- 5+ years in a Services selling role or equivalent position
- 5+ years in Services management or leadership position building and running teams
- Superior skills at relationship-building, cross-organizational partnering, and driving results through influence and negotiation
- Solid experience of services sales within a SaaS based company
- Experience selling to both commercial and enterprise organizations and an understanding of services complexity needed for each segment
- A track record of selling services successfully alongside license sales teams and an ability to collaboratively build and execute successful account sales strategies
- Additional industry vertical expertise (High Tech, Healthcare and Financial Services) along with internal IT Systems and Operations experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Proven track record for attaining and exceeding overall Services organization targets
- Excellent team building, verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation expertise
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $117,400 - $179,000 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature, the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and more than a billion users in over 180 countries use the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.