Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Customer Success | Sao Paulo, Brazil
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Technical Support Engineer is the strategic customer advisor and the internal voice for our customer base within the highest technical areas of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud. The Technical Support Engineer will both have the accountability and responsibility to deliver on our customers’ needs. This role is the technical subject matter expert between customers and all functional areas within DocuSign to resolve technical support inquiries. Working with resources across DocuSign, the Technical Support Engineer expedites the resolution of complex technical issues to empower customers to achieve the highest value and adoption of our software.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Technical Support Manager and is designated Flex.
- Provide exceptional technical support for the DocuSign Agreement Cloud (DAC) and associated services
- Manage and resolve escalated cases of incoming support channels to troubleshoot issues customers face when using DocuSign products
- Own customer issues to engineering interface to resolve technical bugs and influence development roadmap
- Use broad technical product expertise within DAC areas to help customers increase adoption
- Meet and exceeds DocuSign Customer Support service level goals for areas of DAC expertise
- Utilize support tools and resources necessary to get the job done, including telephone, Salesforce, Jira, DocuSign proprietary logging systems, SharePoint, browser developer tools, internal admin console, SQL, and text analysis tooling
- Identify improvements to the product, identify bugs and otherwise determine high-impact opportunities to enhance the customer experience
- Promote DocuSign products and services to customers and prospective customers via consultative discussion and evaluation of their service and support needs
- Partner with non-delivery teams to identify needs and develop product training
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, and Account Management to ensure alignment on plans
- Bachelor of Science degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of SaaS network troubleshooting experience in a Technical Support or similar capacity
- DocuSign organization administration work experience
- Experience troubleshooting in a web-based environment including HTTP, JSON, IIS, HTML, and CSS
- Log analysis experience using network tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles Proxy, browser developer tools or similar
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, excellent organizational skills and superior time management skills
- Effective communication skills which are a key component of this role, with audiences that include customers, peers, and occasional executive presence
- Salesforce Admin certifications
- Expertise with DocuSign Contract Lifecycle Management workflows and architecture
- Master of Science degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Subject Matter Expert for multiple disciplines across DocuSign technologies
- Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with both internal and external customers
- Employed for one year as a Developer or two years as a Software Test Engineer
- Experience troubleshooting embedded signing and sending, as well as DocuSign On-demand Signature Service and DocuSign
- Central data replication scenarios
- Experience as a Support Expert specializing in DocuSign technologies
- Multi-lingual in DocuSign supported languages
- Professional experience within relevant industries for which DocuSign provides solutions
- Expertise with reporting using Salesforce, Excel, and PowerPoint to an executive audience
- Mastery troubleshooting regular expressions, debugging code and/or complex data validation rules
- Proven experience as a Cloud Security Analyst
- Implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF) workflow and its components
- Expert knowledge of Cloud Security architectures and infrastructure
- Domain expertise with web-based applications, web service APIs, monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace), and authentication technologies such as SAML and oAuth
- Expertise analyzing and troubleshooting DocuSign internal logging tools
- Excellent independent work and problem-solving attitude in a constantly changing and frequently ambiguous environment
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.