Sr. Project Manager (DS Way)
Senior Project Manager
Sales & Business Development | San Francisco CA or Seattle, WA or Remote-US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team partners with some of the largest, most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Go To Market (GTM) Operations team. The goals of the Project Manager are to develop and manage the schedules for internal projects within our GTM teams in support of our strategic initiatives while establishing, documenting and enforcing best practices for Project Management within Operations. The Senior Project Manager drives projects to completion by ensuring that all stakeholders are aligned through the entire lifecycle of the project. The successful candidate will be well organized and an exceptional communicator, with a strong bias for action and thrives in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
This position is an individual contributor role reports to the Director, GTM Systems Strategy & Operations and is designated Flex.
- Lead large to cross-functional high complexity projects that involve new or enhancing business requirements
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties and vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage dependencies between teams
- Steer teams and projects to on-time and high quality execution
- Develop project objectives, scope, completion criteria and success metrics by involving all relevant stakeholders, while ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress
- Define robust change plans that leverage other functions and teams and take responsibility for change adoption
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Identify issues and risks, develop mitigation plans and drive to resolution
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including status reports, meeting notes and action items
- Provide accurate, thorough and timely reporting and communication of progress against plans to the appropriate business stakeholders
- Evaluate existing processes, drive process improvement and share best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Mentor and coach less experienced project resources
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, or discipline related to industry
- 8+ years of project management experience supporting corporate and business GTM solutions
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as: project charter, project plan, status reports, communication plan, change plan, issue tracker, risk mitigation plan, budget and milestone or deliverables charts
- Demonstrated experience managing issue resolution, scope, and quality while bringing projects to successful completion within cost and time requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; maintain project documentation, able to facilitate meetings, lead project teams, and communicate effectively with peers, stakeholders, senior leadership
- Self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, high-growth environments
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask when managing multiple complex project schedules, task prioritization and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships and work cross-functionally to align to solve shared problems; lead without authority to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion, conflict management
- Extensive expertise in the use of project management tools, resource management practices and change management techniques
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Experience with business analysis
- PMI certified PMP is a plus
- Knowledge of activities involved in end-to-end GTM planning and operations
- Experience managing projects in enterprise environments delivering business applications for one or more departments
- Strong knowledge of the latest agile project delivery techniques and ability to plan a lead role in ensuring teams adhere to Agile values, principles and industry best practices
- Aptitude for identifying areas for improvement and developing appropriate new processes
- Ability to adjust personal style to different situations
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $105,400 - $145,000 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.