Director, Vendor Management, Global Customer Support
Director, Vendor Management, Global Customer Support
Customer Success | Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA or Remote - US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Support team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With millions of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Director, Vendor Management will play a critical role in centralizing our third-party vendor management program. In this role, you will define critical success factors and performance management protocols to measure and analyze partner performance to help the organization reduce costs and mitigate risk. Your key focus area would be best practices, delivery standards and vendor performance - overseeing on-time delivery and implementation, performance, quality of service, vendor SLA and KPI fulfillment. You will bring your experience to collaborate with cross-functional team members and leaders across the globe to ensure standard operating procedures are documented, accessible, and curated.
You will partner with delivery teams and cross-functional stakeholders (Workforce Management, Procurement, Vendor Managers, Legal, and Finance) to ensure internal policies and objectives are being cared for. You will understand the strategies of our business and the impact of emerging technology, market shifts, and workforce changes to establish a process to ensure the right mix of third parties to drive the financial objectives of the organization.
This is a people manager role reporting to the Sr Director, Customer Support and is designated Flex.
- Establish the strategy, processes, and rules of engagement for outsourcing project and service work and engaging subcontracted resources
- Execute projects that accomplish best vendor ROI for DocuSign, which may include savings, operational improvement, supplier consolidation or diversification, risk management, or improving spend visibility
- Asses service capabilities, capacity, and financial impact of potential vendor agreements
- Research and identify alternate staffing solutions and/or alternate processes for improvement
- Translate operational challenges into structured problem statements that cascade to operational plans
- Standardize the vendor performance management process, including service agreements, scorecards, financial targets, and compliance monitoring of vendors
- Lead the maintenance and improvement of tools for use in vendor management, including vendor tracking, analytics, and performance management tools (scorecards and dashboards)
- Provide thought leadership on the creation of impactful and measurable KPIs
- Liaise with vendors and internal staff to address any variances, shortfalls, or delays from performance targets and develop contingency plans to get back on track
- Establish regular cadence and QBRs with key vendors to provide feedback, maintain relationships, and manage business risk
- Develop policies, practices, and workflows relating to the vendor management process
- Identify opportunities for workflow improvement as they relate to the vendor management process and implement improvements by engaging stakeholders and vendors
- Establish and/or approve internal and external policies, standards, and processes for vendor interaction
- Centralize rate negotiation, and dispute and issue resolution management
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams (e.g., Operations, Finance, Legal, WorkForce Management, Procurement, Finance, etc.) to ensure coordination and alignment on key initiatives
- Ensure business partners are educated on program, process, service, and delivery expectations
- Support and contribute towards the vendor selection process
- Establish frontline and executive-level communications summarizing business strategy and progress against business priorities
- Establish a framework to provide periodic updates on process cadence and address potential compliance issues
- 12+ years experience in technology sourcing and vendor management function
- 5+ years in managing vendor relationships at a senior exec level
- 5+ years with top management consulting firms with experience in any of these domains - vendor management, procurement, business process reengineering, risk management
- BS or Business bachelor’s degree
- MBA degree
- Working knowledge of key contract language and terms in technology agreements
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and in a role that requires influencing across different levels in the organization (internal and vendors) and cross functional teams (legal, finance, risk management etc.) and successfully managing competing priorities
- Experience with vendor management, extended workforce, legal agreements, program implementation, process improvement, and compliance
- Experience managing change across different organizational functions and boundaries
- Ability to embrace, pivot, and shift focus based on changing priorities and/or the business environment and champion innovative ideas
- Excellent understanding of measuring performance through metrics, and KPIs with the ability to hold vendors accountable
- Experience using data and analytics to influence business decisions
- Exceptional communication skills and savvy interpersonal skills with an established ability to take initiative and build productive relationships between internal stakeholders and vendors
- Strong presentation, verbal skills, listening, and influencing skills
- Professionalism and strong work ethic with a high level of integrity and teamwork
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $130,800 - $184,800 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature, the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and more than a billion users in over 180 countries use the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.