GTM Strategy & Operations Analyst
GTM Strategy & Operations Analyst
Sales & Business Development | San Francisco, California
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our teams partner with some of the largest, most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The GTM Strategy & Operations Analyst is a detailed, adaptable problem-solver responsible for maintaining and actioning Sales territory assignments in partnership with GTM sales strategy, GTM operations and global sales leadership. A successful individual in this role thinks critically, logically, and creatively to resolve issues and to develop proactive processes to clear future roadblocks.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to Sr. Manager, GTM Strategy & Operations and is designated Flex.
- Lead territory planning, carving and deployment for Global sales in collaboration with global GTM sales strategy, global sales, and sales operations
- Provide analytical support on strategic decisions related to territory planning and deployment, performance management, and ongoing territory management
- Execute various process improvement workstreams as needed to optimize Territory Planning and Deployment.
- Own and drive various productivity enhancements through automation and data infrastructure enhancements (e.g. Automation of reporting, account assignments etc.)
- Deliver territories that are equitable and fair
- Own and manage territory deployments and account/opportunity assignments in SFDC through Anaplan, including communication to field and management on all territory changes
- Partner with GTM sales teams, regional sales leaders, and various business partners to to ensure changes to SFDC and other sales systems are consistent with business needs
- Oversee governance of all sales policies across a global sales team, run routine audits to verify compliance at all levels
- Manage territory-related account disputes as needed
- Continue to progress data quality improvement efforts within enterprise systems such as Salesforce.com and other tools to ensure all users are accessing accurate and timely data
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years’ with Microsoft Office / GSuite
- 2+ years’ (Intermediate/advanced skills) in MS Excel / GSheets (VLOOKUP, Basic Formulas & Pivot Tables a must)
- 2+ years’ experience with Salesforce.com
- 2+ years’ experience with Anaplan
- 2+ years’ experience with Snowflake
- Strong organizational skills and business judgment with the ability to handle projects independently end-to-end
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels, and across multiple geographies.
- Logical thinking, Creative problem solving skills, Self-starter work ethic
- Proactive mindset and desire to continually evolve the way we use data to drive impactful insights
- Experience with Gainsight, Tableau and Qliksense a plus
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.