Senior Value Engineer – Value Management
Senior Value Engineer – Value Management
Sales & Business Development | Remote - US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team partners with some of the largest, most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
This is an exciting, strategic role that combines the competencies of value analysis and strategy consulting. We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our Value Management team and be a key player in further developing the DocuSign Customer Value Program.
In this role, you will work closely with our Sales, Solution Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to ensure a successful engagement with customers and prospects. You will have an opportunity to directly influence DocuSign’s largest sales engagements and support DocuSign accelerated growth. You will support accounts across all steps in the customer lifecycle, from strategic alignment, project justification, and commercial proposals to value measurement and realization of targeted business outcomes.
This is an individual contributor position reporting to the Director of Value Engineering and is designated Remote.
- Work closely with the customers, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing to understand how DocuSign helps customers meet their strategic objectives by identifying key business drivers and developing compelling points of view to drive an executive level conversation
- Identify target operational and financial metrics impacted by DocuSign’s solutions and use these metrics to develop ROI / Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models to quantify the value of DocuSign’s System of Agreement platform
- Build the business value proposition, including developing a strategic account plan, formulating a value hypothesis, building a business case justification, and crafting a compelling proposal to C-Level executives
- Conduct industry/account research and analysis to help develop a point of view of how DocuSign can help customers achieve their strategic objectives
- Win the trust of DocuSign’s world-class sales team to become a trusted advisor and coach on the Customer Value Journey (Selling, Realization, Expansion) and drive adoption of our self-service value selling platform (DecisionLink)
- 3+ years of management consulting experience with a leading consulting firm; experience leading engagements a plus
- Strong analytical skills, including mastery of Financial modeling and data visualization with an ability to incorporate data into compelling storylines for executive-level conversations
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in a quantitative field (business, finance, economics, math, engineering, marketing) or related area
- 5+ years of professional related experience; experience in Sales/Industry Solutions/Value Engineering or Business Transformation a plus
- Excellent executive presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in design and facilitation of executive-level workshops - ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various levels of functional knowledge
- Ability to work across multiple functions/disciplines/cultures/geographies in a highly collaborative and engaging fashion
- Strong track record of building and maintaining effective customer relationships
- A self-starter who thrives in a high growth, fast-paced software company
- Ability to travel as required when the COVID-19 situation permits (less than 30% typical)
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $137,900 - $179,000 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.