Data Scientist - Legal
Data Scientist – Legal
Engineering & Tech Operations | Dublin, Ireland or Gothenburg, Sweden
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more-agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
The Analyze and Manage team builds and operates industry-leading analytics products that utilize AI, machine learning and cutting-edge NLP to provide deep insights for our customers. The Machine Learning (ML) team’s primary goal is to maintain and enhance the core analysis engine. In order to keep up with the rapidly evolving field of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and ML, certain time is allotted for research. This allows us to lead the trend of automating the contract analysis processes by testing and evaluating the latest ML technology and methods in an inhouse designed lab. As such, we hire people who are excited about working on a ground-breaking and technically challenging AI vision that will be one of DocuSign’s key investments over the next 5 years.
DocuSign is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive data scientist with expertise in the legal domain to help build industry-leading state of the art machine learning solutions. You will be leveraging data mining, deep learning, content understanding, image processing and more.
This position is an Individual Contributor role and reports the Senior Engineering Manager and is designated flex.
- Work together with the ML team to perform research, testing and evaluation of existing and emerging NLP/ML/DL methods and technologies that could be effectively applied to contractual/legal data and in multiple languages.
- Be knowledgeable in the legal domain and be able to apply NLP techniques in order to maintain and extend the current rule-based, supervised and unsupervised methods.
- Be familiar with ML/DL algorithms and technologies to NLP tasks such as Named Entity Recognition, POS tagging, Parsing, Sentiment Analysis, Clustering, etc.
- Develop an understanding of the technologies, methods and the architecture within DocuSign product development. Also an understanding of the entire software development end-to-end process as well as the product code and release management process will be essential.
- Assist with the development of language agnostic contract clause recognition, including Cyrillic (Russian) and double byte languages such as Japanese, Korean and Chinese.
- Understand, assist and improve the existing training data maintenance and enrichment process.
- BA degree in Law.
- 2+ years of experience in the contract field, contracts administration, or legal operations.
- Experience with legal analytics and legal terminology.
- Ability to identify legal concepts and translate them into data patterns.
- Ability to interpret legal language and requirements to communicate in an understandable fashion with non-lawyers.
- Understanding of and interest in data science and machine learning.
- Attention to details, have good proofreading skills and produce high quality work product.
- Be the primary point of contact to internal stakeholders to answer legal domain questions.
- Willingness to learn some technical skills to perform data and error analysis and use data ETL tools.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Needs the energy, experience, and motivation to work across global & functional boundaries
- Experience of working with engineering and product teams as a domain expert
- Familiarity with legal technology, including contract systems, etc., familiarity with common contracts used for procuring products and services, prior experience with an in-house legal department, prior work at a technology-focused company preferred
- Python skills
- Working in agile environment (Jira, Confluence)
DocuSign helps organisations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature; the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, colour, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com