Director, Data Analytics - Customer Success Data Science
Director, Data Analytics - Customer Success Data Science
Customer Success | Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA or Chicago, IL or Remote - US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Director, Data Analytics - Customer Success Data Science is responsible for driving analytics that empower business leaders with decisions around critical questions related to adoption, churn, and upsell for Customer Success.
The ideal candidate has domain expertise in either of Customer Success, Professional Services, Customer Support, or Sales Lifecycle. The Data Analytics leader will leverage big data, statistical analysis, machine learning, AI and other advanced techniques to help DocuSign drive customer success, retention, upsell and cross-sell. You will partner closely with other data scientists and analysts in product engineering, marketing, sales and finance. This role will influence and shape the design, architecture and roadmap for advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics while collaborating and partnering with customer success teams on business and customer requirements to improve customer journeys and drive targeted customer outcomes with tangible ROI. You have a track record of driving successful data science initiatives while balancing the diagnosis and fixing of urgent problems with a calm assertive approach
This role requires the ability to deliver in matrixed organization at global scale. As a people leader the person will nurture analytics talent to drive results and have a strong team-building and mentorship mindset. The candidate is deeply analytical with a keen understanding of business processes and programs and the ability to translate data and insights into executive readouts.
This position is a people manager role reporting to the Senior Director, Customer Success Analytics and is designated Flex.
- Drive predictive and prescriptive analytics across the customer journey by understanding, tracking and predicting sequences of events and interactions
- Deliver insights on Adoption Index, evolve existing product adoption metrics into an holistic Customer Health Index, identify and quantify Customer Success drivers that impact consumption and MRR/ARR
- Develop and evolve indicators for predicting Churn, drive ML / AI based models for churn warning
- Create models for targeting accounts for upsell
- Evaluate drivers for product stickiness and provide recommendations to product teams
- Influence and shape direction for Customer Experience Score, Net Promoter Score and Customer Engagement Score
- Drive prediction model for account targeting, next best action for Customer Success Managers and Account Managers across North America, EMEA and APAC and improve the customer journey and positively impact MRR/ARR
- Deliver on insights and analytics to help business leaders answer critical questions related to customer success, Adoption Index insights, and develop proactive alerts by service type then help shape decisions on new program or offer introduction
- Report on key metrics and KPIs to all key business partners, including Sr. Leadership, across Customer Success Enablement, Professional Services, field CSM roles, and regional CSM organizations in EMEA and APAC
- Determine opportunities for improvement across process, tooling and data automation to optimize costs and decrease turnaround time for analytics consumers
- Lead and coach a team of Data Scientists and Business Analysts cultivating a winning culture measured by high retention and employee satisfaction, fostering internal growth and promotions
- Travel periodically nationally and internationally
- 12+ years of experience in data and analytics with progressively increasing responsibility including 3+ years managing a team in a fast-paced hyper-growth environment
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in solving complex business problems using data science, statistical techniques and machine learning to build predictive and prescriptive solutions
- 2+ years of experience with one or more of Customer Success, Professional Services, Customer Support domain areas with knowledge of data science concepts related to customer lifecycle, including account targeting, propensity analysis, customer health index, adoption, churn, customer journeys, lifetime value, upsell, cross-sell
- 3+ years of experience providing insights to support strategic decisions, including preparing and delivering insights and recommendations to executives
- 4+ years of experience with statistical programming toolkits
- 4+ years of experience with diverse structured and unstructured data sets on relational – SQL, NOSQL databases
- 5+ years of experience with one or more of Enterprise Visualization Tools: Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills: pivot tables, macros, PowerPivots, advanced functions
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Analytics, Business Administration, Applied Mathematics or Statistics, Econometrics, or closely related field
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development and business feedback
- Experience using machine learning to build predictive models, and recommender systems
- Exposure to AI, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, NLP
- Exposure to big data platforms: Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, Matillion, Hadoop
- Strong desire to stay ahead of industry trends and technologies with a commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to shape ambiguity, govern and prioritize in a matrixed environment across organizational boundaries
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize and communicate complex results to senior leaders
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $188,350 - $233,850 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits.
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.