Lead Product Manager – Observability Platform
Lead Product Manager – Observability Platform
Product & Program Management | Seattle, WA
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live
Our Product & Program Management teams work on some of the most impactful and challenging problems in the Software industry. We are a highly collaborative cross-border group that operates on the edge between Engineering and the business and helps to design solutions from concept to launch – all while focusing on and advocating for what’s best for our customers. We work closely with Engineering and Design to create some of the most innovative never-been-done-before products.
Product Managers at DocuSign are the CEOs of their product and ship features that make our customers successful. PMs work cross-functionally with customers, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, UX, Support, etc. to define product vision, gather requirements, execute on the feature and drive product launches.
This Lead Product Manager will own DocuSign’s Observability Platform that is central to ensuring the health of our business. This platform powers all DocuSign products and systems by providing capabilities such as data capture, large-scale event processing, monitoring, querying, and alarming. As the Lead PM, you will drive the long-term vision and roadmap, partnering with the engineering team to execute on building new observability features to serve the business needs of our internal application engineers, operations, security, and support teams. You will apply industry practices and evaluate best-in-class tools (for data capture and visualization, as examples) to extend and enhance our own internal platform offerings. Lastly, you will evangelize the platform to internal stakeholders, driving adoption and best practices.
This role will work across DocuSign’s diverse customer segments, which range from high-end enterprises to small businesses and consumers. You will work closely with Engineering, IT, Marketing, Product and Program Management to develop the roadmap, vision, definition, design and deliver the underlying observability systems necessary to support our growth. Your objectives will be directly linked to business metrics such as revenue, availability, customer satisfaction, and operational efficiency.
The Observability Platform team is responsible for building the core telemetry, event processing, querying, and alerting fabric underpinning the operations of the entire Agreement Cloud. The team builds services and tools used by engineers across all DocuSign applications. This team sits within the larger Foundations organization, which builds the platform services that power the complete DocuSign Agreement Cloud, solving global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Product Management and is designated Flex.
- Lead the strategy and roadmap for DocuSign’s Observability Platform and envision new capabilities, services, APIs, and tools
- Prioritize new capabilities, define requirements and execute cross-functionally (Engineering, Product Management, Data Science, etc.) to take features from concept to launch
- Monitor, measure and report on key business and livesite health metrics while identifying areas for continuous improvement
- Translate product and functional requirements into developer-ready user stories and acceptance criteria, drive prioritization and backlog for effective release and sprint planning; support bug triage as needed
- Review competitors, vendors, and industry trends in the telemetry, stream processing, observability, and monitoring space
- Evaluate trade-off decisions across the customer experience, development and operational support in partnership with teams
- Minimum of 12 years related experience with a bachelor’s degree or 8 years of related experience with a master’s degree
- Experience in technical product or program management building enterprise cloud/SaaS products/services
- Experience working cross-functionally with Engineering, IT, Operations, and Program Management
- Experience taking a product from concept to launch
- Experience working on telemetry, large-scale event stream processing, or monitoring systems
- Experience in Observability and APM technologies like Datadog, New Relic & Azure Monitor is a plus
- Familiarity with open source technologies and projects like OpenTelemetry, Grafana, Prometheus & Kafka
- Experience building either distributed systems or RESTful web-services/APIs
- Experience reviewing business and performance insights to make data-driven decisions
- Process: Direct experience in delivering web capabilities using iterative or Agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM), including modelling experience using task/storyboards, user stories or use cases, etc.; working knowledge of testing/QA fundamentals
- Analytical and problem-solving skills enabling the candidate to align strategy, customer need, research, data and industry trends
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and ability to influence others
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature, the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and more than a billion users in over 180 countries use the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.