Director, Customer Success Adoption & Enablement Analytics
Director, Customer Success Adoption & Enablement Analytics
Customer Success | San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, Chicago, Illinois or Remote - US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Director, Customer Success Adoption & Enablement Analytics is responsible for driving analytics and insights that empower the High Touch and At-Scale Customer Success business leaders with the ability to drive effective land, expand and renewal motions.
The ideal candidate has domain expertise in Customer Success, Product Adoption, Digital Experience and Marketing, Customer Training and Education and an understanding of Professional Services and Customer Support as an analytics leader for the post sales customer cycle. In this role you will leverage sales and customer data, product usage and consumption insights, deep statistical analysis, and advanced techniques to help Customer Success at DocuSign target the right audiences for driving consumption acceleration, feature adoption, churn mitigation and upsell and cross-sell plays. The analytics leader will also partner with business and finance to benchmark and provide investment ROI for Customer Success investments. You will partner closely with Customer Success business leaders, analysts and data scientists in pricing, marketing, product, sales and finance to influence and shape the predictive and prescriptive outcomes based on customer cohort and customer journey analysis. You have a track record of driving successful advanced analytics initiatives while balancing the diagnosis and fixing of urgent problems with a calm and assertive approach.
This role requires the ability to deliver in matrixed organization at global scale. As a people leader, the person will nurture analytics talent to drive results and have a strong team-building and mentorship mindset. The candidate is deeply analytical with keen understanding of business processes and programs and the ability to translate data and insights into executive readouts.
This position is a people manager role reporting to the Senior Director, Customer Success Analytics, Services Management and is designated Flex.
- Drive descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics for the Customer Success high touch, digital touch and at-scale initiatives and understand, track and predict where the investments will have the greatest return
- Drive analytic models for targeted campaigns, multi-channel programs including web, email, in-product and digital to enable at-scale campaigns across adoption, feature enablement, churn mitigation and retention plays
- Drive analytics and insights to support high-touch coverage models, account prioritization criteria, exit criteria and ongoing business reviews
- Drive analytics strategy for post-purchase customer education and experience
- Deliver on insights and analytics to help business leaders answer critical questions related to customer success effectiveness and investment choices for go-to-market programs and help shape decisions on new program introduction
- Combine analytics, exploratory skills and data intuition to deliver insights on Customer Adoption Index, Customer Health Index, churn casualties and upsell opportunities
- Partner with product and pricing to measure impacts of different pricing strategies and feature usage
- Report on key metrics and KPIs to all key business partners, including Senior Leadership, across Customer Success Enablement, Professional Services, field CSM roles, and regional CSM organizations in EMEA and APAC
- Determine opportunities for improvement across process, tooling and data automation to optimize costs and decrease turnaround time for analytics consumers
- Manage Reporting and analytics resources and cultivate a winning culture measured by high retention and employee satisfaction of high performing team, fostering internal growth and promotions
- Travel periodically nationally and internationally
- Provide insights to support strategic decisions, including preparing and delivering insights and recommendations to executives
- 12+ years of experience in data and analytics with progressively increasing responsibility including 3+ years managing a team in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in solving complex business problems using advanced analytics and statistical techniques
- 4+ years of experience with one or more of Customer Success, Professional Services, Customer Support domain areas with knowledge of analytics concepts related to customer lifecycle (e.g., customer journeys, lifetime value, upsell, cross-sell, churn analytics, customer and account targeting, propensity analysis, customer health index, adoption analytics)
- Exposure to statistical programming toolkits
- Experience with diverse structured and unstructured data sets on relational – SQL, NOSQL databases
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development & business feedback
- Exposure and experience with one or more of Enterprise Visualization Tools: Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, PowerPivots, and advanced functions
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Analytics, Business Administration, Applied Mathematics or Statistics, Econometrics, or closely related field
- Experience using machine learning to build recommender systems
- Exposure to predictive analytics
- Exposure to AI, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, NLP
- Exposure to big data platforms like Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, Matillion, and Hadoop
- Strong desire to stay ahead of industry trends & technologies with a commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to shape ambiguity, govern and prioritize in a matrixed environment across organizational boundaries
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize and communicate complex results to senior leaders
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.