Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer
Engineering & Tech Operations | San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA or Remote
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
In this position you will help build the next generation of DocuSign’s eSignature Core Platform Your goal would be to help build a highly scalable, highly performant and secure service in an environment with 5 9’s availability and bank grade security. You will be part of a team of great engineers focusing on delivering quality products, and services that live directly in the heart of our customer’s workflows. You will be both a leader and a do-er, focusing on various systems problems we have in the company.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Senior Manager of Engineering and is designated Flex.
- Architect, implement and maintain some of DocuSign’s highest scale services
- Build the next set of APIs to make DocuSign a true customer development platform
- Work with world class telemetry systems to work through complex problems and solve them with data
- Guide and mentor other engineers through design and code reviews
- Revolutionize DocuSign core services and API’s
- Think through how systems will scale and fail as they grow
- Take complicated problems and break them down in to bite sized pieces, then ship every few weeks to get there
- Work throughout the stack, from network protocols to database performance and back
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field of study or 3 years of relevant experience with a Masters.
- Minimum 5 years of product development experience building large-scale web applications
- Hands-on, professional experience with consuming and building RESTful web-services
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with git, continuous integration and deployment tools
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable web applications
- Experience with full stack development, preferably in one or more of OO programming languages like C# or Java
- Experience working with cross-browser behaviors and quirks
- Passion for UI; Good sense of usability and design
- Experience working with remote teams
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.