Lead Software Engineer - Agreement Automation
Lead Software Engineer - Agreement Automation
Engineering & Tech Operations | Seattle, Washington
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
DocuSign is looking for Lead Software Engineers to join our development team in Seattle. This position will be part of a team working on DocuSign's Platform that's responsible for high scale and low latency service. The team is focused on delivering an Action Framework that allows DocuSign developers, partners, and external developers to create and securely execute modular code without owning any of the infrastructure, analogous to Functions as a Service. This position will demand critical thinking skills, knowledge of distributed systems, ability to quickly understand existing systems, and the ability to work in agile environments. If you have all that and a passion for building quality experiences to make it easier for customers to manage their agreement process, then we want to talk to you.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager and is designated Flex.
- Think about how to solve problems in scale and build fault tolerant systems
- Develop high-quality, ship-ready code that is covered by a full test suite
- Design and develop component based and scalable user interfaces and core functionality to allow customer administrators the ability to construct simple business processes without having to have coding expertise
- Work with Product Management and other developers to understand and translate marketing requirements into design requirements and provide estimates for development
- Work as part of a cross-site development team to drive design, implementation, testing and release of products
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Informatics or equivalent.
- 12+ years development experience or equivalent
- Experience working with C#, Go, Java or other modern programming languages
- Experience architecting/designing, implementing, deploying, and debugging backend and micro services.
- Experience architecting/designing event driven applications and queuing systems
- Experience with cloud tools and orchestrators like Kubernetes, Kafka, and Cosmos DB
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
- Directly involved in the design and operation of large-scale cloud services
- Experience in high-scale distributed systems and fault tolerant design
- Experience w/ Agile and Test-driven development methodologies
- Experiences with the entire software development lifecycle, including version control (git), CICD pipelines, testing, and regional cloud deployments
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, prioritize your work and manage your own time
- A passion to learn new software technologies
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.