Lead Software Engineer - Identity and Authorization
Engineering & Tech Operations | Seattle or Remote
Lead Software Development Engineer - Identity and Authorization
Engineering & Tech Operations | Seattle, Washington or Remote - US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
DocuSign is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer to join our development team in Seattle. This position is in DocuSign's Authentication & Authorization (AuthZ) platform team, which is responsible for high-volume, low-latency authentication and authorization services. Come help build a highly scalable, highly performant, high availability, and secure global service. If you enjoy fast paced environments, solving hard problems and innovation within distributed systems we want to talk to you!
You’ll build the engine that powers DocuSign! Identity is at the heart of DocuSign, powering Signature to Agreements and beyond! The Identity and Authorization team is responsible for the creation of the central tenants that power global Identity and ensure Security for all the activity related to Identity, Privacy and Authorization. This includes identifying inefficiencies in design and architecture and drive to eliminate them while increasing security and stability for current customers, creating applications and services that will enable the transparent use of identity and authorization services, and mentoring and contributing to the growth of other engineers by being a thought leader and becoming a domain expert.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Directory of Engineering and is designated Flex.
- Develop carrier grade, testable, high-quality services and contribute to the overall identity strategy within DocuSign
- Bring deep technical understanding in coding, networking, service architecture and best practices as they relate to industry standards (e.g., OAuth, JWT, REST)
- Work with Product Management and other developers and business units to understand and translate service requirements into design requirements, estimates and priorities for development
- Work as part of a cross-site development team to drive design, implementation, testing and release of products and services
- BS+ in Computer Science, EE or equivalent experience
- 12+ years’ experience in C#, Java, C++, or other object-oriented programming languages
- Experienced building/consuming (RESTful/gRPC) based web-services
- Experience in debugging, diagnosing and troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Experience with Authentication protocols like OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect and SAML
- 3 years of experience as a mentor, tech load, or leading engineering teams
- Experiences with the entire software development lifecycle, including version control (git), build process, testing, and code release
- Knowledge of SQL and other modern database technologies
- Directly involved in the design and operation of large-scale infrastructures
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, prioritize your work and manage your own time
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Track record of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and communication skills
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $150,300 - $186,700 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.