Technical Support Engineer (German Speaking)
Technical Support Engineer (German Speaking)
Customer Success | Germany, Remote or Dublin
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Technical Support Engineer is a strategic customer advisor and the internal voice for our customer base. Act as a communications bridge for our customers using their preferred language while advocating for relevant and appropriate cultural references to provide the best world-class customer experience.
The Engineer will both have the accountability and responsibility to meet our customers’ needs delivering proactive and reactive support for customers, partners, and DocuSign internal teams to resolve issues, for addressing subscription inquiries, and complete technical tasks.
This role acts as a liaison between customers and all functional areas within DocuSign to resolve technical support inquiries. Provide feedback and carry the voice of customers and partners focused, but not limited to, on localization-related adjustments of products, support practices, and processes.
Working with resources across DocuSign, the Support Engineer expedites the resolution of complex technical issues to empower customers to achieve the highest value and adoption of our software.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Technical Support Manager and is designated as Remote.
- Delivering proactive and reactive support for customers, partners, and DocuSign internal teams to resolve issues, address subscription inquiries, and complete technical tasks, assisting and facilitating communication between DocuSign and the customers using their local language.
- Contributes to reviewing, translating, and creating localized language contents and support practices.
- Provides exceptional technical support for the DocuSign Agreement Cloud (DAC) and associated services
- Handles incoming support channels to troubleshoot customer inquiries, including but not limited to API integrations, embedded systems issues, network and security-related impediments, 3rd party integrations, and multi-product workflows.
- Uses broad technical product expertise within DAC areas to help customers increase adoption.
- Utilizes support tools and resources necessary to solve the customer issue, including Salesforce, Jira, DocuSign proprietary logging systems,G-Suite, browser developer tools, internal admin console, SQL, and text analysis tooling.
- Proactively identifies improvements to the product, identify bugs, and otherwise discover high-impact opportunities to enhance the customer experience
- Promotes DocuSign products and services to customers and prospective customers via consultative discussion and evaluation of their service and support needs
- Manages escalated cases from internal channels to troubleshoot issues customers face when using DocuSign products.
- Provides support for internal peers for inquiries on product knowledge and engagement paths, including translation to and from English of customers language.
- Meets and exceeds DocuSign Customer Support service level goals for areas of DAC expertise.
- Fluent in English and German
- Bachelor of Science degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- SaaS troubleshooting experience in a Technical Support capacity
- Knowledge of troubleshooting in a web-based environment including HTTP, JSON, IIS, HTML, and CSS
- Understanding of log analysis using network tools such as Fiddler, HAR Analyzer, browser developer tools or similar
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, excellent organizational skills and superior time management skills
- Effective communication skills which are a key component of this role, with audiences that include customers, peers, and occasional executive presence
- Multi-lingual in other DocuSign supported languages – French, Italian preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot regular expressions and other complex data validation rules
- Expertise with web-based applications, web service APIs, monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace), and authentication technologies such as SAML and oAuth
- Familiarity with structured query languages such as SQL and SOQL
- Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with both internal and external customers
- Ability to collaborate with peers across the organization without friction
- Experience of DocuSign product range or integrations
- Professional experience within relevant industries for which DocuSign provides solutions
- DocuSign organization administration work experience
- Language translation experience or previous practice in the localization industry
- Past experience in reviewing localized content in terms of format and style, to ensure that it meets the required standards.
- Familiarity with Jira and Salesforce for case management
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.