Pricing Strategy Manager
Pricing Strategy Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, California
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicate the value of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
As a Pricing Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for enabling our executive team to make strategic pricing & packaging decisions by creating a clear, insightful fact base and highlighting the strategic implications of that analysis. You will work with executives across the organization to drive business impact. You will collaborate extensively with product marketing, product management, partner marketing, sales, and finance to accelerate growth across our company as we create a new software category.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Director of Pricing Strategy and is designated Flex.
- Own packaging and pricing strategy for specific initiatives, such as product launches; This includes framing strategic considerations, creating potential solutions, analyzing options, collaborating with senior executives, incorporating industry learnings, and driving towards a decision.
- Lead discussions 1:1 and across groups to create a common understanding and deliver cross-org alignment. Understand varying stakeholder perspectives including product leaders, sales executives, and cross-functional partners
- Understand customer needs, strategies to create customer value, and tactics to highlight competitive differentiation through packaging and pricing
- Understand sales dynamics, incentives, and opportunities
- Know what it's like to be on the front line of a deal. Ideally, experience selling value and understand negotiating strategies
- Drive content creation for sales enablement of our pricing strategies
- Deliver pricing and packaging training as needed within the organization, including sales enablement and customers support
- Create, lead, manage, and measure pricing strategy initiatives to understand the business impact and develop strategies to improve those results
- Create sales-facing and customer-facing content including presentations and datasheets as well as guiding others to create content
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related pricing experience
- 3+ years of pricing strategy experience in B2B SaaS
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on cross-functional projects
- Experience with CRM, Contract Lifecycle Management or related category
- Experience working with partners, such as Salesforce
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.