Lead Software Engineer (SDE) - Identity
Lead Software Engineer (SDE) - Identity
Engineering & Tech Operations | Seattle, Washington
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
As a Lead Software engineer, you will be a part of our development team for the DocuSign Identify team working with core functionalities and infrastructure of the product built in C#.
The DocuSign Identify team provides digital signer identification and authentication through enhanced methods. Within the Identify team you will help protect our high value agreements, reduce risk and support compliance.
You will act as a technical subject matter expert and will contribute actively in the architectural design and software development tasks for high scale and low latency authentication services. These products are built on top of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud and are designed to scale to support world-wide use. To succeed in this role, you must be a great team player capable of helping your colleagues perform better in their jobs. You will collaborate with top notch engineers in a globally distributed team with hubs in Seattle and Paris.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Senior Manager of Engineering and is designated as Flex.
- Build and maintain a set of highly scalable, performant and high availability services
- Work with partner teams to build solutions that meet the needs of many teams
- Work with the Product Management team to gather requirements and architect the next set of services
- Improve performance of existing services
- Be data driven and push for making decisions based on telemetry
- Help mentor and grow the team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years of hands-on software development experience in an object-oriented programming language such as C#, C++ or Java
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable consumer facing web application
- Hands-on, professional experience with consuming and building RESTful web-services
- Excellent communication skills. You will also be collaborating with teams based in Europe
- Strong grasp of object-oriented design principles and patterns
- Knowledge and experience in high scale, highly available (99.99+) systems
- Previous experience with Authentication protocol like SAML, OAuth, OIDC
- Experience with Microsoft technology stack (C#, .NET), JSON, HTML, XML
- Experience with git source code management
- Experience developing, promoting, and building consensus across engineering teams
Vaccination requirement (US)
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.