Client Platform Engineer, Virtual Desktop Services
Client Platform Engineer, Virtual Desktop Services
IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Operations | Dublin, Ireland
Closing date: 31st Jan 2022
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Ops team - is in the business of trust and reliability. We create, maintain and operate scalable technology and data solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our internal & external customers. We embrace Agile principles and values, favor DevOps practices, and view infrastructure as code, all while we create an infrastructure that scales and supports our growth and ambitious vision. This requires a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies to continue securely scaling our global business.
We’re looking for a Client Platform Engineer with expertise in MacOS and Windows OS, able to write complex scripts to automate manual tasks, demonstrated technical documentation writing skills, versatile and competed in enterprise IT best practice, with a proven record using the latest IT tools, deploying and managing enterprise solutions as part of the Fleet Management strategy. This engineer will be a part of a dynamic and fast-growing CPE Scrum Team that provides automated solutions focusing on fleet and application lifecycles.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Senior IT Manager, Global Infrastructure and Operations and is designated as Flex.
- As a member of the CPO team, you will actively contribute to the development of the new automated remote endpoint deployments
- Research and provide inputs to the endpoint management strategy roadmap and the core device tools to be used, that supports steps from provisioning to maintaining the fleet
- Technical documentation writing
- Gather information and create user stories to leverage automation opportunities
- Work on POCs and MVPs, test, present and implement solutions to drive more productivity and collaboration across the company
- Provide support to the Virtual Desktop Services (VDS) environment in AWS, that includes provisioning new Amazon Workspaces, maintaining Amazon Workspace Images, troubleshooting any VDS issues, working with internal and external users to identify and test new use cases.
- Write scripts to automate AWS Services using any of the programming languages (AWS CLI, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Work with the Virtual Desktop Services lead to develop and maintain a fully automated lifecycle for VDS
- Develop automated solutions for Windows OS, macOS,Linux OS and AWS Services
- Act as an escalation point of contact for all global-wide issues reported by End User Services
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent years of industry experience
- Solid experience in the Information Technology field
- Experience managing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure/Services
- Experience using Configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Saltstack
- Experience with one of the programming/scripting languages including Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, PowerShell etc.
- Demonstrated experience with the End User Services architecture
- Experience with Mobile Device Management tools like Intune, WorkspaceOne and JAMF
- Experience with modern and open source tools like NoMAD, Nudge, AutoPKG, Munki, Chocolatey and Code Review Process
- Good understanding of the secure cloud computing deployment model as it relates to enterprise productivity
- Experience running automated service desk in a global scale
- Experience implementing modern tools and Code Review Process
- Proficient coding, having contributed to open source projects
- Experience using REST API’s
- Familiarity with desktop Linux, including Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch and others
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate with regards to any legally protected characteristics.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.