Manager, Customer Success Management - Public Sector
Manager, Enterprise Customer Success Management – Public Sector (S&L)
Customer Success | Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, New York, New York, Remote - NA (East Coast)
If position is eligible for remote employment, it will exclude the following locations: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Manager of Customer Success Management (CSM) Public Sector is a high-energy strategic and coaching -focused leader responsible for the growth and development of their team and territory who they are responsible. The Manager will create, develop, and support a collaborative and results driven team culture and environment that allows individuals to thrive and customers to realize their return on their DocuSign Agreement Cloud (DAC) investment. The Manager will build strong cross-functional and cross-regional collaborations with key stakeholders within the CSM organization and within the broader DocuSign organization to ensure the success of customers and maximum DAC adoption. The Manager will be the initial point of escalation, advocacy, and strategic relationships directly with their account base in support of their team to drive customer outcomes and success.
The Manager, CSM Public Sector will work with a team of CSMs focused on DocuSign’s state & local government customers and SI partners to drive maximum value and retention of DAC. The Manager must be able to understand government programs in order to inform and create CSM team strategy and priorities to maximize team impact.
This position is a People Manager and reports to the Director of Customer Success Management.
- Manage team of individual CSMs, responsible for their professional growth and development
- Hire and develop CSMs to meet growth targets
- Set the culture, pace, and expectations for your team
- Sets the direction for their team to align to the broader organizational strategy
- Create relationships and collaborate cross functionally to ensure DAC product adoption and customer success
- Responsible for the financial integrity of the CSM department; expense management, budget changes, etc.
- Serve as thought leader, customer advocate and partner to your employees and customers.
- Analyze usage and data patterns to provide insights, guidance, and set strategy
- Present teams progress, results, risks, and successes to broader leadership
- Drive customer outcomes in support of their team in the field.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- More than 3 years of management experience in customers success, account management, consultative sales and/or business consulting
- More than 7 years of SaaS experience
- Proven record of meeting performance goals
- Experience in a field organization with targets and financial goals
- Proven track record of leading and building teams of individuals that consistently meet and exceed established goals
- Able to attract and retain talent
- Creates a professional culture that encourages innovation, motivates employees, and delivers outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, and/or occasionally, unprecedented
- Background using data and analytics in decision making
- Ability to interact and influence all levels and divisions within an organization
- Change management: Lean basic coursework and/or methodology use in practice, Leading Change methodology and/or first-hand experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with enterprise platforms such as ECM, Document Management, Contract Management, or BPM systems
- Project management, business process reengineering knowledge and/or first-hand experience
- Salesforce and Gainsight experience
- Deep subject matter expertise in state and local governments and direct experience working with state & local customers in a technology and/or programs capacity, this should include fluency in any regulatory or compliance requirements.
- Self-motivated, highly collaborative, creative, goal- and growth-oriented, and team-centric
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer . DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.