Customer Advocacy Specialist
Customer Advocacy Specialist
Marketing | San Francisco, California
If position is eligible for remote employment, it will exclude the following locations: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicate the value of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
As part of the Customer Advocacy team, you will help build and execute world-class customer advocacy marketing at DocuSign. You will work cross functionally with Sales, Marketing and Customer Success to identify customers who are willing to share their story to help other businesses like them. You will be responsible for keeping track of referenceable customers, the products they use, the way they use them, and the customer advocacy activities they are willing to participate in. You will support the creation and distribution of marketing assets including customer case studies, story slides, webinars, customer speaking opportunities, video briefs and more. You will have the opportunity to help us tell transformational customer stories from our 750,000+ customers, which include some of the largest companies, government agencies, educational institutions, and not-for-profits in the world.You are passionate about marketing and customer success. You are excited to find and tell stories to drive benefits for both customers and DocuSign. You possess strong interpersonal skills and can build relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring that they have the customer stories they need to market and sell. You are organized and can work well in fast-paced environments.
This position reports to the Director of Customer Advocacy. Customer Advocacy is a three-person team that rolls into Product Marketing within the larger Marketing department.
● Perform customer research within our database to identify customers that align with the sales teams reference requests.
● Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams to maintain accurate customer records in our advocacy database.
● Identify and match key customer stories with priority opportunities such as press, events, and product partnerships to enable Marketing, Product, and Sales.
● Review incoming reference request forms and customer nomination forms.
● Pull Salesforce and Customer Advocacy database reports.
● Use Salesforce Chatter, Slack, and email to communicate with Sales and Marketing teams.
● Communicate clearly with customers and sales teams, making the interaction as easy for the customer and account teams as possible.
● Manage sales reference request fulfillment and track reference activity and outcomes. Build processes to track customer outreach, advocate participation and customer content usage.
● Advocate for our customers. Foster relationships with customers that are mutually beneficial and will earn us their advocacy in return.
● BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
● 2+ years of experience in sales, marketing, or customer facing roles like market development representative, support, account management
● Experience building relationships internally with peers and management
● Project management skills, ability to organize, categorize and find information quickly
● Experience developing relationships with customers
● Proficient writing and copy-editing skills
● 2+ years of experience working on a customer advocacy team or in a customer marketing role
● Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
● Demonstrated ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
● Experience with productivity tools, Google suite, Slack, Outlook, etc.
● Preferably experience with customer relationship management software, like Salesforce
● Preferably experience with customer reference management software
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.