Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
Product Data Science| San Francisco, California or Seattle, Washington
If position is eligible for remote employment, it will exclude the following locations: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our Agreement with Employees:
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
The Product Data Science team works on some of the most impactful and challenging problems in the Software industry. We are a highly collaborative and customer-centric cross-border group with the purpose of enabling a culture of data-driven product development at DocuSign. We do this by providing fast and easy access to quality data and insights to the product organization, building data and AI-driven products and capabilities for our customers, and enabling experimentation into a seamless part of the product development lifecycle to enable smarter decision-making and better product development. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to an agreement.
DocuSign's Data Science team is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to lead the development of key data products and capabilities to enable data-driven product development and decision making.
In this role, you would be part of the product data science team and work directly in partnership with a variety of stakeholders including but not limited to design, content, product, and engineering partners to support and empower them with data-driven actionable insights.
You would be embedded in a specific product space requiring you to establish and grow relationships. As a Data Scientist, you’ll dig into the data to uncover insights, identify opportunities for product improvements and new product development, define product metrics with goals, design experiments and develop data science models to drive customer experience, engagement, and adoption of DocuSign’s products. If you are an experienced data scientist and passionate about building products and capabilities that enable a culture of test & learn, and data-driven product development, then this could be a great role for you.
This position reports to the Director of Data Science.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to research, build & improve data science/ML models and analysis to identify opportunities for product improvements, new product features, product utilization, and improve customer experience, engagement, and retention.
● Be the subject matter expert for driving the product data strategy
● Partner closely with the product managers, user researchers, engineers, and leadership to capture and prioritize potential insights, analysis, and data product opportunities that will drive maximum business impact
● Define KPIs with goals, own and manage regular reports around product usage and success
● Design and build automated dashboards that connect data from internal and external data sources, with visualizations and tools that allow business users to self-serve on their website data needs
● Partner with product teams to design, administer, and analyze the results of A/B and multivariate tests
● Leverage data to develop actionable analytical insights & present findings to senior management
● Evangelizing models, frameworks, analysis, and insights with stakeholders and business partners
● Act with a sense of urgency and purpose, identify and resolve roadblocks, reach out to cross-functional team members to solicit input and/or assist when appropriate
● MS or PhD in quantitative fields (Statistics, Math, CS, Economics or Finance preferred)
● 8+ years of demonstrated experience with machine learning or data science
● 4+ years of experience in a data science or analytics role in a SaaS/Cloud industry
● Hands-on experience solving real business problems is required.
● Proficiency in Python and SQL
● Deep knowledge of statistics and rigorous analytical technique
● Experience designing and refining machine learning models
● Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills
● Hands-on experience with all the following:
○ Pulling data from external sources using APIs
○ Join data from disparate data systems
○ Distilling large data sets into actionable insights that drive business value
● Ability and a knack for communicating data and technical work to non-technical stakeholders
● Strong communication and leadership skill especially the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and lead through influence across functional and organizational lines
● Knowledge and experience of agile/scrum product development
● Ability to present data in a visual format and explain the insights clearly and concisely
● Experience with data visualization tools such as Qlik/Qlikview, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
● Highly motivated, organized, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
● A strong individual contributor who partners well with internal teams
● Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical testing such as A/B, multivariate, and bayesian testing
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.