Group Vice President, Customer Success
Group Vice President, Customer Success
Customer Success | Dublin Ireland or London, United Kingdom
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
DocuSign’s growth as a business, increased strategic focus on our international markets, evolution of our global go to market structure and expansion of our Partner Strategy have led to the creation of a new Group Vice President, Customer Success position, EMEA. The Group Vice President, Customer Success, will lead our EMEA based Customer Success teams, our EMEA SI Partner team and our Global COE in Cairo. These teams are responsible for making every customer in the portfolio successful to assure revenue retention. This role reports directly to the SVP, Customer Success. As a key leader within our Customer Success organization and within the broader European region, this role will be responsible for growth strategy and execution, customer satisfaction, managing churn, and driving platform adoption and expansion.
The Group Vice President, Customer Success will be responsible for building, scaling and managing the post-sales organization, overseeing growth in the EMEA region and influencing the broader global organization. This position and function will be closely aligned to the delivery team and will work in concert with Sales Leadership, Customer Success Leadership, to execute on key strategic engagements and account strategies in the region. The Group Vice President, Customer Success will build and scale their team to include the skills and capabilities for Customer Success to enable our customers to not only expand their usage of the DocuSign platform but develop modern systems of agreements that accelerate business. Driving and executing a cohesive strategy between internal resources, the Cairo centre of excellence, Vendors and Partners, this role is critical to building a global, cost efficient model to grow our ability to connect with more customers, more quickly in a flexible and scalable manner.
This individual will leverage the voice of the customer to engage with leadership across Customer Success, Sales, Product Marketing, GTM strategy, Partner Marketing, and Product Management through NPI (New Product Initiatives) and our PLC (Product Lifecycle Council) to define the customer strategy for EMEA that builds a world class agreement cloud agreement company. They will lead our Delivery team to ensure best practices around implementation solutions, thought leadership and expertise to our customers. In addition to leading our EMEA Professional Services and Adoption & Expansion teams, this role will own management of our EMEA SI Partner model and lead our Global Off-Shore COE in Cairo, ensuring these functions drive scale and high delivery quality.
As the leader, they are also responsible for supporting a people first organization. Specifically, its culture, and its ability to deliver to the strategy and plan. The role ensures the EMEA organization has the skills and capabilities to enable our customers to not only expand their usage of the DocuSign platform but develop modern systems of agreements that accelerate business. The leader ensures the right talent and capabilities are hired and developed and that the organization is diverse and inclusive in both the business and in it’s on going talent initiatives.
This position is a people manager role and reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Customer Success.
• Partner with GTM organizations to expand EMEA revenue footprint in alignment with our Global strategy and play a strategic role in expanding the Customer Success teams globally.
• Lead EMEA Professional Services and Adoption / Expansion team and Manage key accounts as the team scales further in the upcoming quarters. Plan and direct all aspects of the team’s customer engagements. Including but not limited to account strategies, escalations, objectives, and initiatives in alignment with the DocuSign Customer Success organization and methodologies.
• Lead DocuSign through its first ever COE buildout in our Cairo location. Own design, rollout and revenue goals tied to expansion.
• Build and implement a regional SI Partner strategy for the EMEA market that ensures high levels of customer satisfaction and successful use of both internal and Partner Resources to ensure scalability and delivery quality
• SI Partner Ops
• Partner with global Customer Success leadership to align and expand on the global strategy, in a way that balances regional needs with overall DocuSign and Customer Success organizational goals.
• Identify ways to improve the customer experience to increase average customer lifetime value and revenue.
• Lead expansion of Managed Services for the Agreement Cloud in EMEA in alignment with local needs and global strategy.
• Lead local vendor management, leveraging them for scale, leading discovery process, defining what’s possible, driving quality and cost efficiency to ensure ownership of experience in EMEA
• Drive customer adoption strategies that enable businesses to measure product usage, adoption and success metrics that help drive customer retention across DocuSign accounts.
• Drive regional outcomes with DocuSign Digital Success program for the masses
• Work with Global Success leaders to develop KPI’s and track usage metrics to analyze trends across the broader customer base in EMEA and other regions.
• Influence Partner and Services marketing to support regional requirements through the overall global strategy of building relationships, jointly messaging to customers and driving successful customer growth
• Influence Product development and Product Strategy as a voice to the EMEA customer base and CS organization as a whole.
• Hire, train, and coach members of the team against a consistent set of standards for the experience they provide our customers. Ensure the team is successful and has a strong understanding of the DocuSign values and career growth opportunities.
• Work closely with Sales and Customer Success Leaders to identify usage and behavioral trends that lead to expansion, cross sell, upsell of success engagements
• Ensure strong Renewal Mgmt across book of business (Enterprise and Commercial)
• BS/BA degree required
• 20+ years of management experience in Customer Success, preferably within a Global SaaS company.
• Understanding of SaaS business models and their overall relationship to Customer Success.
• Global leadership experience within a customer success environment.
• Background and expertise in building out new customer success capabilities and organizations to accommodate growth, scale and reach in EMEA and other regions throughout the world.
• Background in building and maintaining capacity and financial models projecting team growth and utilization.
• Experience leading Partner relationships, Vendor Management and Managed Services at scale
• Experience in building out a Centre of Excellence and a global vendor / onshore / offshore model
• Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, and occasionally, unprecedented.
• Proven track record of achieving Customer Success financial results while maintaining high customer satisfaction
• Experience successfully working in matrixed organization and with cross functional teams to achieve company and departmental objectives
• Ability to deliver Executive-C-Level QBRs and presentations internally. Executive level presence and communication both internally and externally
• Superior communication skills to create and convey customer objectives, success strategies, and customer insights for internal and external stakeholders.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.