Lead Software Engineer, Service Protection Platform
Lead Software Developer, Service Protection Platform (Anti-abuse and Anti-fraud)
Engineering & Tech Operations | Seattle, Washington
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
DocuSign's service protection team is focused on anti-abuse and anti-fraud strategies to protect both our customers and our infrastructure against attack. The ideal candidate will have experience working on high scale distributed systems in a service-oriented data center. The team will be part of the core DocuSign platform and will build technology to help identify and block suspicious behaviors around our platform, applications and services.
Our team is looking for a talented individual with a passion for customer and infrastructure security. You will be helping define the vision and approach to fighting bots, spam, fraud and denial of service attacks against our systems. The threat environment is always changing. This position will demand critical thinking skills and desire to analyze the patterns of the abusers and turn that analysis into systems that can evaluate the risks in real-time. Your background will show that it involves strategy, delivery, and implementation in past roles. DocuSign is a global company, so a successful candidate will have the ability to work across different teams and different geographies.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Engineering and is designated Flex.
● Think about how to solve problems in scale and build fault tolerant systems
● Develop high-quality, ship-ready code that is covered by a full test suite
● Design and develop user interfaces and core functionality to allow internal and third-party
developers to more easily integrate applications with DocuSign
● Work with Product Management and other developers to understand and translate marketing
requirements into design requirements and provide estimates for development
● Want to be involved with the design, not just code to a spec
● Work as part of a cross-site development team to drive design, implementation, testing and
release of products
● Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Informatics or equivalent.
● 12+ years development experience
● Experience working with C#, Go, Java or other modern programming languages
● Strong organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
● Directly involved in the design and operation of large-scale cloud services
● Experience working in the anti-abuse or anti-fraud engineering spaces
● Experience in high-scale distributed systems and fault tolerant design
● Experienced building/consuming RESTful web-services
● Passion for working on a highly available site
● Experience with evaluating, deploying, and monitoring machine learning solutions in a production environment
● Experience with applied statistics in a time series context, including predictive methods
● Agile and Test-driven development methodologies
● Experiences with the entire software development lifecycle, including design, version control (git), build process, testing, and code release
● Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, prioritize your work and manage your own time
● A passion to learn new software technologies
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.