Engagement Manager (Services Sales) – Europe South
Engagement Manager, Europe South
Customer Success | Paris, France
Closing date: 30th May 2021
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Engagement Manager is responsible for positioning professional services with DocuSign’s major customers in EMEA. The Engagement Manager team fulfils the role of a trusted advisor to sales and customers with a deep understanding of end-to-end professional services. They have the ability to understand a customer’s needs, convey steps that customers can take to be successful, recommend best practices in deploying software, and align the right services to promote successful customer outcomes. The Engagement Manager partners closely with the field sales team and support their deals through the alignment and selling of services. Engagement Managers are the conduit between Sales and Customer to ensure the downstream teams area prepared to support the services that are sold during the sales cycle. Engagement Managers maintain effective relationships with Operations personnel, Consulting and PMO leadership and personnel; and, align to company as well as the client’s practices and goals.
This position is a quota bearing Individual Contributor and reports to the Director of Engagement Management.
This is a high impact, high visibility role that ensures our Enterprise clients are adopting DocuSign software solutions and consequently reap the business benefits and value of DocuSign’s digital solutions.
You will work closely with the following teams to position services with Enterprise customers:
- Senior Enterprise and Commercial sales leadership
- Presales Solution Consultants and Solution Architects
- Professional Services (project managers, technical consultants, solutions architects and product consultants)
- Partner Ecosystem
Successful candidates will have a background in:
- Software sales OR professional services sales with Enterprise customers
- Defining appropriate solutions with in-depth discovery at the start of a sales opportunity
- Cloud Technologies – ideally software
- Collaborate with Enterprise leadership, Enterprise Sales, Account Management and Professional services on Enterprise client opportunities
- Manage an accurate pipeline of Enterprise Services opportunities and provide quarterly bookings forecast to management
- Ability to hit quota each quarter. This is a quota-carrying Consulting Sales role.
- Quickly engage in a selling cycle, align to the sales team’s account and deal strategies and pitch the appropriate services to support customer outcomes.
- Work with Enterprise Sales to position the value of services and effectively negotiate and close services engagements
- Identify upsell / cross-sell opportunities within Enterprise clients
- Communicate technical concepts in business or technical terms.
- Liaise with Solution Engineering teams and customer to ensure comprehensive business requirements gathering, solution definition, project scoping and estimation as well as provide project phasing and rollout strategy
- Work with the global team to review and develop compelling services proposals that provide current understanding, key business issues and needs, solution overview, project staffing and costing
- Develop strong relationships with existing customers and extend DocuSign’s reach within their organizations
- Monitor client health and operate as a client advocate working with Sales, Customer Success and other necessary organizations
- Ensure DocuSign’s customers achieve adoption and maximum value from our product and related services
- Deep understanding of services and what outcomes are achieved when each type of services are leveraged by customers.
- Ability to Travel: Typically 25%
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- Proven track record of attaining and exceeding annual sales quota
- Ability to build and execute successful account sales strategies in collaboration with various internal teams
- Experience working within cross functional teams to identify, document and close consulting engagements
- Collaborative and open to support the team on deals, processes, and share skills of how to be most productive as an Engagement Manager
- Must be a self-starter that initiates their own personal growth through independent learning of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud and methods to support customers in digitizing their System of Agreement.
- Excellent team building, verbal and written communication skills as well as reporting and presentation expertise
- Cloud technology experience preferably in a cloud software company
- Requirements gathering, solution definition, proposal development and SOW writing expertise
- Ability to scope and estimate projects and drive deals to closure
- Understanding of enterprise development lifecycle (Agile, Hybrid, Waterfall) and ability to communicate the differences of each as well as how the projects are managed in each approach
- Aptitude to scope services, propose and recommend approaches to customers, and estimate work effort to develop a Statement of Work
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, colour, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.