Americas Customer Success Operations Sr. Director
Americas Customer Success Operations Sr. Director
Customer Success & Support | Seattle, Washington or San Francisco, California
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our customer success group is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts, helping customers simplify and digitize complex agreement processes. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. Our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our Americas team -– including Agreement Experts across professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support - you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Americas Customer Success Operations Sr. Director acts as the orchestrator and owner of the operational strategy and plan for the business. In the role the leader supports critical business insights and performance requirements. In doing so, this role will give a clear view of key organizational measures to help drive critical immediate, medium and long-term business decisions and process improvements based on data. The Americas Operations Director will be accountable to Americas and Global leadership teams, driving success in a matrixed global leadership model.
Business insights and reporting domains include, but are not limited to: CS bookings and revenue forecasting and tracking; churn attribution, segmentation of customers based on risk/opportunity factors; identifying key drivers of product adoption; optimization of resource utilization and productivity; performance and analysis of customer programs and other ad-hoc projects.
In addition to reporting and insights the role will act as a liaison on business process and technology-platform needs. Success in this role requires the ability to evolve and mature data insights, policies and practices, and build that for scale with rapid and sustained growth. You must be confident and fluid in the face of change. This position will have direct reports and will report to the VP Global Customer Success Operations, directly supporting the Americas Customer Success Leadership.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business
- Develop operational plan and key business operational priorities
- Act as the liaison between the global success operations team and finance teams and the regional leadership team, ensuring global initiatives and programs are communicated, aligned, implemented and measured in region, and that bi-directional knowledge sharing drives global best practice
- Build executive presentations (e.g. Quarterly Business Reviews), crafting the messages in collaboration with Success and Sales Leaders
- Communicate regularly on business/team performance, making recommendations based on analysis of key performance areas
- Own and coordinate fiscal year planning (Business Planning, Headcount Allocation, Territory Carving, Quota Allocation and new segment entry) for the Customer Success team in Americas in partnership with Finance
- Identify structural issues or inefficiencies (people, process, planning) within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies and collaborate with stakeholders to recommend and implement improvement measure
- Create and/or manage data/insights dashboards in partnership with the global operations teams to provide visibility and monitoring of key performance metrics relevant to the Americas and promote focus areas based on identification of trends and performance differentiators
- Support the development and presentation of the business outcomes to stakeholders with a view to assisting them drive performance in their areas (eg adoption trends, churn attribution etc)
- Co-Own the Sales + Success Council for North America and LATAM
- BS Degree or Higher Required
- 15+ years of experience in senior a operations leadership role or roles spanning planning, execution, and analytics in a customer facing organization such as sales, enablement, support or professional services
- Up to 15% travel required
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage and drive consensus with stakeholders at all levels, and across multiple geographies.
- Compelling storytelling, with the ability to leverage data to drive action, including for non--analytical audiences
- Experience designing and developing reports, metrics and dashboards
- Excellent organizational skills
- Results driven independent thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in the NA market
- Fluency in English
- Excellent executive engagement skills
- Experience working in high-growth, performance focused environment
- Background in customer success, support and consulting services
- Background in B2B and B2B2C Software as a service (SaaS) companies
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and technical initiatives
- Resourceful and able to collaborate across multiple functions/geographies to accomplish complex tasks
- Proactive mindset and desire to continually evolve the way we use data to drive impactful insights.
- Demonstrable ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
- Knowledge of Financial Force software would be advantageous
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.