Manager, Product Design
Manager, Product Design
Product Experience | Remote, United States
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product Experience team focuses on our customers and their business needs. We contribute from the concept all the way to the building of world-class product experiences by partnering with Product Managers, Program Managers, Software Engineers and other cross-functional teams. Together, we are a team of craftspeople who aim to make the complex look easy. We employ insights, pixels, and words to solve big problems and make delightful experiences.
We’re looking for a Product Design Manager to lead and grow a team of product designers focused on the Support and Developer experiences. This role will shape elegant, high impact design solutions across our platform and tools to help people use our products and APIs. The Product Design Manager will guide their team to embrace complexity and champion superior user experiences across silos and channels.
You’ll manage and mentor a team of designers across offices and remote locations to foster an environment in which the team can do it’s best work. You’ll develop relationships with cross-functional partners to not only ensure that solutions are user-centric and technically feasible, but rigorously prioritize needle-moving design with high business impact.
This role reports to the Director of Product Design in North Carolina.
- Mentor, manage, and grow a team of product designers with humility and a growth mindset
- Use data and business goals to drive a design vision in partnership with product managers, engineers, technical writers and our customers
- Ensure design excellence by articulating a bar for quality and meticulous attention to detail
- Lead cross-functional design thinking workshops and design sprints that achieve appropriate and holistic solutions that meet company milestones
- Shape, champion, and mature a collaborative design process with your team and cross-functional partners
- Build a thriving culture for a distributed team of US based designers through clear goals, radical candor, humor, and constructive critique
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience managing and mentoring individual contributor designers
- Minimum of 8+ years of industry experience with specialization in interaction design, visual design, and design thinking—with experience playing a role in prototyping and user research
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a design-related field (or comparable work experience)
- Experience facilitating design thinking workshops with cross functional teams to frame complex problem areas and generate game-changing innovation opportunities
- Experience leveraging qualitative research, data, and analytics to drive design decisions
- Experience working closely with software engineers and a basic understanding of how things are built
- An online portfolio or work samples showcasing your experience leading teams to design and ship product that includes process, rationale and data used to make decisions, prototyped interactive explorations, attention to detail, and lessons learned
- Bonus points for: having experience building developer tools and communities and/or experience designing the support journey across channels to define how users get help
- Bonus points for: having shipped design work in multiple types of organizations, such as large enterprise and start-up environments
- Bonus points for: ability to easily collaborate with teams across different geographic locations to build and deploy solutions remotely
- Bonus points for: being a natural communicator who can distill complex ideas simply—employing both narrative and analytical storytelling to inspire action and generate excitement around a shared purpose
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.