Account Executive - Mid-Market, Financial Services
Account Executive – Mid Market, Vertical Markets- Financial Services
Sales & Business Development | San Francisco, California
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform how the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our teams partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
This Account Executive (AE) Vertical Markets will be responsible for developing and closing new business (use cases) by selling DocuSign's services to targeted accounts within the Financial Services, Healthcare, Education, or Legal/Not-For-Profit verticals. They will acquire new customers and sell additional use cases, products and services into existing accounts. AEs are accountable for exceeding monthly/quarterly quota, forecasting accuracy, closing, and driving adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and partners.
This position reports to the Regional Vice President, Mid Market.
- Serve as the primary driving force in company’s revenue and customer success objectives through the attainment of assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quota
- Conduct discovery calls with customers and prospects to understand organizational structure, key decision makers, procurement processes, IT systems, and document workflow
- Uncover customer document process and needs in order to match customer requirements to DocuSign solutions
- Understand, position and clearly articulate the value/benefits of DocuSign eSignature and Digital Transaction Management (DTM) solutions to all levels within customer organizations
- Leverage marketing slide decks and other materials, build custom sales presentations and demonstrations to client needs, and present by phone, webinar, and/or in-person
- Qualify, build, and manage a sales pipeline through the development of MDR/SDR qualified leads, proactive prospecting, networking, and online social channels including LinkedIn
- Draft customer proposals, demonstrate sound decision-making abilities, and negotiate client pricing requirements and concessions within DocuSign guidelines
- Serve as the “quarterback” and primary point of contact for aligning internal DocuSign teams and resources with key customer and prospect stakeholders
- Develop short, mid and long-term strategic and tactical execution plans to ensure success in assigned territory, vertical market, and/or key account base
- Generate, develop, manage, and communicate expectations within assigned accounts as well as increases scope of penetration within each account
- Demonstrate organizational leadership by mentoring junior sales team members and provide increasingly high levels of impact to ensure company-wide success
- Accurately forecast monthly and quarterly sales activity and revenue achievement
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- BS/BA degree
- 2+ years of prior sales experience
- 5+ years prior experience in a quota-carrying sales role, ideally within software
- Proven success with prospecting, developing leads, managing complex sales-cycles, and closing deals in small-to-medium or mid-market accounts
- Proficient computer skills – CRM tools, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience selling into within verticals such as Financial Services, Education, Healthcare, or Legal/Not-for-Profit extremely helpful
- Strong business acumen that includes prior experience managing multiple concurrent client relationships, anticipating change, adjusting priorities accordingly, and, working effectively as a team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter comfortable with some ambiguity, demonstrating a willingness to learn/ramp quickly
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.