SDET – ACT
SDET – ACT
Engineering & Tech Operations | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
We are looking for entry to mid-level Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our development company. You will be responsible for finding, analyzing, and reporting defects and other software issues. SDET will work collaboratively within the development and product management teams to ensure our software is free of defects and meets established quality standards and system requirements. Your primary focus will be manual testing but there will be need to do some automated testing as well. The successful candidate possesses a strong sense of curiosity, demonstrates attention to details, problem-solving skills, an interest in continuous learning.
- Work closely and collaboratively with engineers and product managers to ensure the delivery of the high-quality product
- Actively participate in team sprint planning and grooming meetings
- Perform functional, regression, and smoke testing on newly developed and current products
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases that follow best practices and techniques
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results
- Identify and raise risks throughout the system development life cycle, monitor efforts to ensure timely resolution of product issues
- Apply strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills to ensure that the final product satisfies the product requirements and meet end-user expectations
- Develop, maintain and execute automated test cases within an existing testing framework
- Participate in release testing during code deployment to customer-facing environments
- Work collaboratively with the rest of QA team to gain product knowledge, overcome testing challenges and share test results
- BA/BS degree in CS, EE or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of experience in the software development industry
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages and techniques C# or Java (C# preferred)
- Ability to design, implement and maintain automated tests that integrate into testing framework
- Experience with web-based user-interface testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, testing practices and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Hands-on experience with automation testing tools preferably Selenium
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, debugging skills, keen attention to details
- Ability to learn complex, robust, and multifunctional application
- Solid understanding of UI Automation best practices
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience working Test Management tools preferably JIRA
- Knowledge of REST API, Jenkins.
- Experience testing mobile applications
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.