Senior Information Security Engineer
Senior Information Security Engineer
IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Operations | San Francisco, California
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Ops team is in the business of trust and reliability. We create, maintain and operate scalable technology and data solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our internal & external customers. We embrace Agile principles and values, favor DevOps practices, and view infrastructure as code, all while we create an infrastructure that scales and supports our growth and ambitious vision. This requires a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies to continue securely scaling our global business.
The Senior Information Security Engineer is the lead technical engineer tasked with ownership of understanding, documenting, training on, and maturing our core services. This position will interact heavily with other teams to gather vulnerability and compliance data, as appropriate, to enrich our awareness of risk in the DocuSign environments. They will be expected to be proactive, opinionated, and ultimately, data-driven in their quest for remediating risk. The ideal candidate is someone with a solid understanding of networking protocols, implementations, and technology. Someone who is used to learning new tools, concepts, and processes with little oversight, and using the best of each to further our agenda. A person who is capable of not only solving technical problems, but who is also able to grasp the bigger picture to alter processes, workflows, and collaboration as needed.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Vulnerability Management.
- Review current tools and processes to determine effectiveness and provide solutions to close any gaps
- Act as technical escalation point for VM both internally and externally
- Mentor and share knowledge with colleagues
- Define and drive the big picture for VM, from tools to processes
- Partner with other teams to enrich, add, and refine our data and understanding of risk within DocuSign
- 8+ years of industry experience
- 8+ years of experience in a security role
- Experience with at least one cloud platform (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Background in or experience with infrastructure deployment and management (e.g. Network, Systems)
- Subject matter expert level understanding of networking or systems
- Demonstrated background in deploying, owning, and configuring enterprise level security tools/technology
- Proven ability to adapt, learn, and take on problems with little oversight
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to fix problems
- Proven experience of being a technical lead or mentor
- Experience running scanning operations for infrastructure
- Ability to plan out and execute complicated projects
- Ability to think critically and drive progress forward despite ambiguity or rapid change
- Fundamental understanding of risk versus severity and discussing the differences
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.