Director of Content Marketing and Public Relations
Director of Content Marketing and Public Relations
Marketing | Dublin, Ireland
Closing date: 28 February 2020
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicates the value of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
We are looking for an experienced and driven Director of Content Marketing and Public Relations to oversee development, execution, localization and delivery of content across all our channels. You will take full responsibility of our inbound marketing strategies including public relations, organic social media, blogs and customer evidence in Europe (UK, FR, DE and NL). You will work closely with the marketing directors from each of our priority countries to develop and execute a marketing plan for delivering sales pipeline. The Director of Content Marketing and Public Relations will manage an expanding team of Content Strategists in the UK, France and Germany and our external PR and content agency partners and will interact regularly with senior marketing and sales leadership in Europe and in California (Headquarters).
Our ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional, preferably with a content and story-telling background. You should be able to develop engaging content to attract and retain customers, as well as be able to apply data analytics to personalize and optimize content for the best performance to our business goals. For this position, it’s also essential to be up-to-date with new technologies and marketing trends. The role is also our lead brand ambassador in region. Ultimately, you should be able to grow the amount in inbound demand coming to our sales team by increasing organic traffic and domain authority for our European digital properties.
This position is a People Manager role with 6 direct team members and reports to the Sr. Marketing Director of EMEA.
- Accountable for all content marketing, PR and customer evidence initiatives in Europe to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborates across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing and PR strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams at headquarters (in California) to understand global content and PR marketing plans, and develop a plan for localizing key assets for Europe.
- Partner with brand, product marketing, country leaders and sales managers to create content and PR plans
- Serve as editor-in-chief for all content to ensure quality, clarity and consistency with brand guidelines and tone, as well as ensure all content is optimized for SEO and Google Analytics
- Create and drive a customer evidence program to collect and promote customer stories.
- Collect, monitor and analyze social, PR and website metrics, and make improvements accordingly to optimize the path to conversion
- Stay updated on industry trends and adjust the content and PR strategy as needed
- Deliver engaging content on a regular basis and inspire team members to do the same
- Management of content team and external agencies.
- Extensive experience working in marketing within the business to business technology industry. Experience working for a US-based technology company is a plus.
- Strong people management experience; agency management experience
- BA/BS in marketing, business or related field
- Experience creating content for digital channels
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content performance
- Experience with Google analytics, and the top social channels
- Requires regular travel (20%) throughout Europe and to the United States (5%)
- A great team player, enthusiastic and proactive.
- Technology & B2B SaaS experience an advantage.
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Aptitude for technology.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues and cross-functional teams, and partners and customers.
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English, communication skills in French and/or German is a plus.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.