eCommerce Operations, Director
eCommerce Operations Director
Marketing | San Francisco, California
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicates the value of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
DocuSign is looking for a leader to run, grow, and transform Operations for our Web and Mobile Business. As the Director for eCommerce Operations, you will be responsible for driving a cross-functional team to optimize eCommerce back-end processes and operations in ways that meaningfully contribute to the health and scalability of the business. You will be the key business process owner partnering with Sales and Marketing, Product, Finance, Engineering, and IT teams to identify pain-points and gaps, prioritize them, and develop recommendations based on industry best practices.
Ideally, you have experience scaling operations for a SaaS or eCommerce business from hundreds of thousands to over a million paid subscriptions globally. You are an analytical, creative leader and problem-solver who is also comfortable rolling up your sleeves. You’ll work across a range of systems to deliver on clear, impactful improvements and collaborate with our technical resources to plan for our future transformation. You will have demonstrated impact and influence across all levels and functions within an organization, work effectively in a collaborative setting, and be comfortable continually re-inventing what is “normal”.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Analytics.
- Develop and champion a vision and execute on a roadmap of continuous operational improvements to DocuSign’s order to cash processes for our consumer and small business channels
- Provide leadership in developing a connected view across loosely defined processes and inter-related systems, taking on a variety of roles to ensure the broadest business impact
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to ensure operational projects are properly defined, scoped, resourced and prioritized, including building business cases as necessary
- Collaborate with internal teams and technical architect to build and test enhancements to systems, integrations and processes that our customers interact with including Salesforce, Zuora, Eloqua or in-house systems
- Write business requirements and user stories and perform User Acceptance Testing as needed for new applications and enhancements related to operational flows
- Develop the right KPIs to gain insight into performance and then use those KPIs to identify key areas for continuous improvement
- Work with analytics, operations and development teams to ensure instrumentation, monitoring and alerting for each stage of account creation, purchase and recurring billing process
- Use data to make decisions with a strong understanding of business drivers to guide key decisions
- Proactively identify recurring issues or “value-add” areas and propose process, data, and/or systematic solutions
- Bachelor degree in Operations, Business Administration or a related technical field (Operations, CS, IS, or similar)
- 12 years of hands-on experience and/or in a leadership position in a high-growth, technology organization, preferably in consumer or SMB cloud-based (SaaS) product delivery (8 years with related Master’s degree)
- 5 years experience in Operations, Engineering, or IT roles involving complex, global eCommerce, subscription management, product provisioning or billing solutions
- MBA or related Master’s degree
- Track record of developing best-in-class operational processes and innovations
- Strong problem-framing, problem-solving and project management skills, with the ability to communicate both action plans to teams and cross functional partners as well as high-level insights to management teams
- Experience building business cases and driving cross-functional projects across large organizations
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to quickly understand and unpack complex technical workflows
- Experience using, designing and developing operational dashboards, monitoring and alerting mechanisms
- Intermediate SQL and Excel skills including complex formulas and pivot tables
- Familiarity with Microsoft Kusto a plus!
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.