Sr. User Researcher, Incubations
Sr. User Experience Researcher, Incubations
Product & Program Management | Seattle, Washington
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product & Program Management teams work on some of the most impactful and challenging problems in the Software industry. We are a highly collaborative cross-border group that operates on the edge between Engineering and the business and helps to design solutions from concept to launch – all while focusing on and advocating for what’s best for our customers. We work closely with Engineering and Design to create some of the most innovative never-been-done-before products. We partner with the Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Security teams to bring the product to market.
In this role, you would be part of the Product Insights team and work directly in partnership with a variety of stakeholders including but not limited to design, content, product, and engineering partners. You would be embedded in a specific product space requiring you to establish and grow relationships. We are seeking a researcher who is passionate about being customer-centric, skilled in communicating crisp research findings, and skilled in driving impact within a team and across an organization.
The right candidate will be equally skilled in facilitating thoughtful conversations with both internal stakeholders, customers, and research participants. Transforming those conversations into detailed research plans and actionable insights should be your focus. Additionally, you should be able to speak in detail about human-computer interaction concepts and be able to explain the why behind your recommendations.
- Plan and execute the end-to-end process for a broad range of research activities: research design, recruitment, conducting research, data synthesis and ultimately, distilling your data into crisp insights.
- Collaborate closely with qualitative/quantitative analysts on the team to utilize data from available sources, including customer feedback and business intelligence data.
- Conduct a variety of research methods, which address both user behavior and mindsets around the research questions defined by your team. This will include but not be limited to: ethnographic studies, in-depth interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, journey mapping, and surveys.
- Drive change by sharing and presenting actionable insights that fuel ideation with different audiences. This will include but is not limited to: sharing your research stories in creative ways, advocating for stakeholders to be a part of the research process and/or leading team immersion sessions to communicate and digest the findings.
- Manage your own process and plan your work within your businesses’ portfolio to truly be the research expert for your team.
- 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience conducting and integrating user research into product designs and design practices preferably within an enterprise organization focused on developing products and digital experiences.
- 5 + years of experience with research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process (grounded in UX design processes and tools)
- 5+ years of experience utilizing descriptive and inferential statistics
- 5+ years of experience giving design recommendations based on knowledge of web and mobile design patterns, usability heuristics and/or understanding of cognitive processes while referencing user-centered design methods.
- Master’s or doctorate degree in human factors / ergonomics, human-computer interaction, cognitive / experimental psychology, or similarly relevant field.
- Experience recruiting and scheduling participants (customers and prospects)
- Experience and interest in leading more junior researchers on projects.
- Experience working with large scale datasets
- Experience utilizing a mixed-method research approach
- Experience prioritizing and managing projects involving cross-functional disciplines while being able to swiftly revise and improvise research plans as needed.
- Samples of your work that communicate your research process (add website and/or upload work samples to our applicant system when applying, if not on resume)
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of companies and tens of millions of users in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals, and workflows with DocuSign's System of Agreement platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.